Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: electric speedo
arse2000

posted on 22/3/07 at 03:16 PM Reply With Quote
electric speedo

i am fitting an ellectric speedo can any one tell me how to get it working for the mph to work correctly. do you need some sort of sencer,and where to put it,or any ideas will do thanks

[Edited on 22/3/07 by arse2000]

BenB

posted on 22/3/07 at 03:31 PM Reply With Quote
It depends upon the speedo used.
Some use reed relay sensors which pick up a signal from magnets mounted on a rotating surface (e.g. propshaft), other speedos use a variable reluctant sensor which picks a signal from being near a spinning bit of metal (some people use diff bolts, some people (like me) make up a trigger wheel specifically.... The advantage of the magnet based system is the gap between the sensor and the magnet can be bigger than with a VR sensor which typically can only handle a 0.5-1.5mm gap.

arse2000

posted on 22/3/07 at 03:33 PM Reply With Quote
many thanks
RazMan

posted on 22/3/07 at 05:27 PM Reply With Quote
Some gearboxes have built-in sensors (MT75 for example) so it is worth checking.

Cheers,
Raz

When thinking outside the box doesn't work any more, it's time to build a new box

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.