Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Dent Removal
Hellfire

posted on 30/3/07 at 08:07 AM Reply With Quote
Dent Removal

Have any of you guys used a service for dent removals on tin tops. Wifes car has two small dents, nothing major and no damage to paintwork. Got a quote for £80 - £90 to remove them and having no previous experience of them, don't know if this is good or not. Can they really remove the dents completely?

Anybody got any experiences?

Phil

graememk

posted on 30/3/07 at 08:11 AM Reply With Quote
i use a guy from dent devils, keith the guy that comes out does an amazing job you wouldnt know that the car was covered in shopping trolly dents

call them out them offer to pay cash for the other dents as theres a call out fee then a price per pannel

Mr Whippy

posted on 30/3/07 at 08:20 AM Reply With Quote
purely down to the guys skill. I have seen various standards, see how they fix the first before agreeing to let them continue. Last thing you need is a cowboy whacking your car with a hammer...this guy is hopeless Rescued attachment ted.jpg
Rescued attachment ted.jpg

Fame is when your old car is plastered all over the internet

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
twybrow

posted on 30/3/07 at 08:27 AM Reply With Quote
I had a chap do my Impreza. Cost me £40 for the bonnet and the roof. He used a device similar to a hub puller to remove some of the tricky ones... They bond a bolt onto your car (very scary indeed) and then screw a jig on top to lift the dent out...
Howlor

posted on 30/3/07 at 08:27 AM Reply With Quote
It depends on where the dents are, if it is more of a crease and how long they get. Are you prepared to travel a bit?

Steve

Hellfire

posted on 30/3/07 at 08:51 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Howlor
It depends on where the dents are, if it is more of a crease and how long they get. Are you prepared to travel a bit?

Steve

For a good service at a good price, I would be willing to travel a bit, as long as the fuel costs aren't excessive. I'd rather have the work done on the recommendation of someone but don't know anyone local to me that's had similar work done.

Phil

minordelay

posted on 30/3/07 at 08:56 AM Reply With Quote
We used to use Dent Devils, and they were excellent, creases dents digs amazing really. They do charge by the panel so cash might do the talking.
Big saving over conventional repairs.

graememk

posted on 30/3/07 at 08:58 AM Reply With Quote
dent devils used like long hammers on my car and bashed the dents from the inside of the doors and back wing

allanbirt

posted on 30/3/07 at 11:31 AM Reply With Quote
saw a video. they were putting dry ice on a small dent 5 mins later dent gone
Jon Ison

posted on 30/3/07 at 11:44 AM Reply With Quote
Dent devils used too do all the cars on out forecourt, they do stone chips too (repair), the cars looked liked new when done.........

Often thought about training for the job myself but you see so many franchised vans on the road these days the market seems flooded.

Chips away is another one too try.

Peteff

posted on 30/3/07 at 07:12 PM Reply With Quote
Chips away did a bike tank round at the shop the other day and they made a really good job of it.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

TangoMan

posted on 30/3/07 at 10:12 PM Reply With Quote
That doesn't sound a bad price but it does depend on the dents.

I have a team of dent guys work for me so it is always a bit cheaper than that.

I have used Dent Devils in the past during busy periods and they have some good guys and some idiots.

Drop me a phone number Phil as you are only 1/2 hour away. I could get one of the guys to sort you out in his dinner break or at a weekend for less than half of that. One does weekend work and may travel to you!!

Summer's here!!!!

blueshift

posted on 31/3/07 at 09:21 AM Reply With Quote
Another thumbs up for paintless dent removal. I had a fairly good ding on my front wing (parked car jumped out at me). Dent removal guy tapped and poked it from the inside with long curvy rods, stuck things to the outside with hot wax and pulled, after half an hour or so you couldn't see it at a glance. can just see a slight wrinkle if you get in the right place for it to catch the light.
Hellfire

posted on 31/3/07 at 05:03 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TangoMan
That doesn't sound a bad price but it does depend on the dents.

I have a team of dent guys work for me so it is always a bit cheaper than that.

I have used Dent Devils in the past during busy periods and they have some good guys and some idiots.

Drop me a phone number Phil as you are only 1/2 hour away. I could get one of the guys to sort you out in his dinner break or at a weekend for less than half of that. One does weekend work and may travel to you!!

Unfortunately, I rang Dent Medics this morning and arranged for them to do it before reading your post. I wouldn't like to go back on my word Thanks for the offer though, its greatly appreciated. I'll bear you in mind when it has a few more dents in a couple of months time.

Phil

[Edited on 31-3-07 by Hellfire]

Miek

posted on 31/3/07 at 05:04 PM Reply With Quote
Some drill a tiny hole in the dent, put a rod in, weld the end in, and pull it out. They then clean everything up.
geoff shep

posted on 8/4/07 at 08:59 AM Reply With Quote
or you could try this: http://www.metacafe.com/watch/501379/remove_car_dent_with_airduster/

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.