Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: How dumb are some Americans?
donut

posted on 30/3/07 at 09:57 AM Reply With Quote
How dumb are some Americans?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJuNgBkloFE

Andy

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/andywest1/

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Mr Whippy

posted on 30/3/07 at 11:43 AM Reply With Quote
sorry I just can stop laughing...superb!!

have they ever seen a map?!?!?!?

Fame is when your old car is plastered all over the internet

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
JAG

posted on 30/3/07 at 12:29 PM Reply With Quote
We all know that a small minority of any countries population is stupid - and that includes the UK

You guys should remember that there are loads of bright, intelligent and skilled members of this board that hail from t'other side of the pond.

I don't want them to think that us Brits' are laughing at all Americans. Stereotypes are dangerous things.

[Edited on 30/3/07 by JAG]

Justin

Who is this super hero? Sarge? ...No.
Rosemary, the telephone operator? ...No.
Penry, the mild-mannered janitor? ...Could be!

Mr Whippy

posted on 30/3/07 at 12:37 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

You guys should remember that there are loads of bright, intelligent and skilled members of this board that hail from t'other side of the pond.

quote:

I've sure there laughing just as much...

cool avatar by the way

Fame is when your old car is plastered all over the internet

violentblue

posted on 30/3/07 at 04:40 PM Reply With Quote
We had something similar to this in canada, an entire 1 hour special, "Talking to Americans"

infact, I believe the host convinced the student body of Stanford University to organise a Demonstration against the Horrible Canadian practice of leaving their elderly on iceburgs to die, and at Berkley against the anual Wooly Mamoth hunt, in Saskachewan. (for the americans who visit this board, wooly mamoths have been extinct for for hundreds of thousands, if not millions of years, and no we don't leave our elderly on iceburgs to die, infact very few of us have actually seen an ice burg.)

[Edited on 30/3/07 by violentblue]

a few pics of my other projects

Confused but excited.

posted on 30/3/07 at 11:29 PM Reply With Quote
How dumb are some Americans?

I don't know. How many voted for Bush?

I rest my case m'lud.

Tell them about the bent treacle edges!

jdgar

posted on 31/3/07 at 01:13 AM Reply With Quote
Not as many as you might think! Remember he was first "Elected" by the Supreme Court. Anyway, rid of him soon as he can't run another term. (as if he could get elected another term!)
End of political statement!

"If it 'ah one ting, is a nex'.

smart51

posted on 31/3/07 at 08:04 AM Reply With Quote
After a while, I thought that the tape must have been edited so that the answers were to different questions. Still, it reinforces a great stereotype.
Marlon

posted on 31/3/07 at 05:23 PM Reply With Quote
Oh my giddy aunt!
The people in that video Are beyond belief!

Band Anyone?

Linky to SWMBO 's band
Linky to Brother in laws band
MKoc 1081

JoelP

posted on 31/3/07 at 06:30 PM Reply With Quote
love the bit with the map

But as said, you could film that anywhere given enough time.

MikeRJ

posted on 31/3/07 at 09:08 PM Reply With Quote
Absolutely, I'm sure a significant percentage of the population in the UK would give equaly dumb answers.
tegwin

posted on 31/3/07 at 10:30 PM Reply With Quote
I love one of the comments on a similar movie...

USA- the country where the smartbombs are smarter than the people!

I have met a few of them from over the pond and some have been super inteligent like all of us on the forum, and some have not been quite so bright, just like the lads from the UK "lets stick cardboard bodykits on a novas and rev the engines cause its 'bo'"

RK

posted on 1/4/07 at 04:14 PM Reply With Quote
Anybody's a good target if you ask the right question at the right time. Geography is not well taught most places in the world from my experience. For example, most English people I've met refuse to believe Great Britain is actually in Europe! What a concept!
iiyama

posted on 2/4/07 at 06:15 PM Reply With Quote
Didnt realise it was IN Europe myself. Was under the impression it was part of the EU though.....

If its broke, fix it. If it aint broke, take it apart and find out how it works!

Tralfaz

posted on 2/4/07 at 08:17 PM Reply With Quote
Nice to see idiocy affects both sides of the pond.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=445979&in_page_id=1770

Neville Jones

posted on 2/4/07 at 08:55 PM Reply With Quote
I work for and with americans. As a generalisation, they are porly schooled in geography and history, if it is to do with anything outside the usa. Even then, they don't seem to have the same knowledge of there own country and its histry as I was taught in uk.

If anything, that tapoe is understated at least by my experience.

Cheers,
Nev.

Peteff

posted on 2/4/07 at 10:42 PM Reply With Quote
most English people I've met refuse to believe Great Britain is actually in Europe!

No, they refuse to accept that Great Britain is in Europe

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

greggors84

posted on 4/4/07 at 08:39 PM Reply With Quote
When in Florida for spring break last year we went to Hooters, there was 3 of us English guys and a Swedish lad. On noticing our funny accents she asked us where we were from, after saying we were from England and he was from Sweden she said "Whats the difference"!

Ok Hooters probably doesnt give the best cross section of american minds and she had never been out the state of Florida!

Chris

The Magnificent 7!

RK

posted on 4/4/07 at 09:42 PM Reply With Quote
Well, you didn't want her for her mind anyhow, did you?
sgraber

posted on 5/4/07 at 01:56 PM Reply With Quote
Guffaw!

Yup - We 'Mericuns are purdy stooopid.

Only 300 million of us tho. Not enuf. We're screwing like bunnies to catch up to the chyneese and them indiens folk that handle all of our manufacturing and technicul support. Gotta make more stooopid peepoles so we can buy some more sheeet and call technicul support.

But seriously. America is a big fat juicy target isn't it? I am pleased that everyone is getting their jabs in before things get really serious. Then it will be, "oh America, come save us (again)!" Mark my words.

Uneducated people exist everywhere. Imagine! In the UK some schools are going to stop teaching about the holocaust because it conflicts with the denial teachings at the Mosque.... !!! Now you tell me which is more stupid? Not knowing geography, or cowing to a religion that denies the holocaust, ON YOUR OWN SOIL!!!!

My wish is that at some point you America haters (and yes, you are) will come to see the light that we are your friends. So go ahead and vent your frustrations towards us. It bothers me, yes. But suprisingly I do know a little more than you think, so I will grin and bear it. Sheesh.

Steve Graber
An EDUCATED American.

Steve Graber
http://www.grabercars.com/

"Quickness through lightness"

gazza285

posted on 5/4/07 at 10:05 PM Reply With Quote
Remind me again, Steve, how many wars have the Americans won exactly?

DO NOT PUT ON KNOB OR BOLLOCKS!

Peteff

posted on 5/4/07 at 11:03 PM Reply With Quote
how many wars have the Americans won exactly?

Independence ring any bells ? And they bombed the hell out of Hiroshima and Nagasaki with the help of some imported scientists

"oh America, come save us (again)!"
I'm with you on most points Steve but I think you're stretching credibility a bit there.
Out of interest were any of your ancestors Amish?

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

sgraber

posted on 5/4/07 at 11:12 PM Reply With Quote
Peteff, I know, a little over the top with the "save us thing"... sorry. But please don't forget WWI, WWII and Independence. Those might mean something to the UK? I don't know. Just guessing.

My point is, why does it seem like you forget who your friends are? Let me guess, with friends like us, who needs enemies? LOL.

Does it make you guys feel better to poke fun at the 'stupid' Americans? Sure it does! Have you asked yourself why? Let me point you to the reason: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bigotry

I've been a member of this group since it formed as an alternative to TOL. And I have always come on here with the sense that I am an outsider to the core group. Over that time I've tried to present my ideas, comments, jokes and yes, my nationality in a good light. So when I come on here for a little fun and relaxation and I find yet again that 'fun' is another overt, bigoted poke in the eye, it's obvious to me that there is prejudice in every society. Are you upset that I am calling you out on it?

Nothing personal right? Just making observations about human nature.

BTW- Amish!? Would you believe that I am Mennonite? really. But not a pacifist any more.

Steve Graber
http://www.grabercars.com/

"Quickness through lightness"

Peteff

posted on 5/4/07 at 11:56 PM Reply With Quote
Steve, I've never slagged the Americans on here or anywhere else. America's WW1 involvement was due to the Lusitania as far as I've read. Woodrow Wilson sent reinforcements in April 1917 when France and Britain had been at war with Germany for 3 years. WWII was another story if you want to put it in perspective Wikipedia
You are not calling me out on anything so why should I be upset, I only come on here for fun as well. I only asked about the Amish thing because it seems a common Amish name from reading on the web. If you want to take the p!ss just google Jade Goody quotes, we all have our share of them

yours, Pete

RK

posted on 6/4/07 at 03:35 AM Reply With Quote
C'mon Steve, you've never called them Limeys before???? Comments about other countries are too easy. So we all do it - just not usually on a public forum.

This is where it's great coming from a place absolutely nobody cares about, or has an opinion on - he said smugly.

[Edited on 6/4/07 by RK]

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.