Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Rally Design Type 9 Bellhousings
vinny1275

posted on 2/4/07 at 09:28 PM Reply With Quote
Rally Design Type 9 Bellhousings

Evening all,

I've been on the lookout for an RS 2000 alloy bellhousing to bolt to the Pinto, and the ones on flea bay are going for somewhere over 100 quid each used... Looking at the Rally Design catalogue the other day, I saw that they were 130 quid (plus vat) brand new......

Does anyone know if these are any good, or has anyone had problems with them?

Thanks,

Vince

24vseven

posted on 2/4/07 at 09:34 PM Reply With Quote
had heard the casting was poor quality but have never seen one in the flesh

there is a reason why origanal ones still do good money ther better quality if they wernt everyone would just get rally design ones

if you do go down the rall des route do the ionclude a fork as rs2 ones are different to standard

miegru

posted on 3/4/07 at 07:43 AM Reply With Quote
Haven't used them but I do not agree with Vince. IMO you cannot assume Raldes ones are bad because people still buy original ones. Am not saying that they are good or bad but don't agree to the reasoning.

As said above I haven't used them but have dealt with Raldes for some years and in my experience they will take something off their cataloque if they have indications that the quality isn't good.

se7ensport

posted on 3/4/07 at 09:36 AM Reply With Quote
Whats the advantage of an RS200 bellhousing compared to standard, is it just the weight? (if so how much lighter are they to justify £100+)

Thanks

Alex

vinny1275

posted on 3/4/07 at 10:23 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by se7ensport
Whats the advantage of an RS200 bellhousing compared to standard, is it just the weight? (if so how much lighter are they to justify £100+)

They're shiny?

And it matches the RS2000 sump that I have (there's an extra wing on each to bolt the sump to the bellhousing)...

MikeRJ

posted on 3/4/07 at 12:24 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by se7ensport

I don't have any numbers, but they are much, much lighter, several Kg I would think. The original cast Ford bellhousing is stupidly heavy, and the RS2000 one is a very thinwall casting and is feather weight. It makes my Caterham K-Series alloy bellhousing feel quite heavy in fact.

The downside is that the originals at least are a bit prone to cracking, lots of secondhand ones will either have the odd crack or beads of weld on them!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.