Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Wakey wakey!
David Jenkins

posted on 17/4/07 at 08:00 AM Reply With Quote
Wakey wakey!

I was out having a blat yesterday, and was going round a roundabout when a woman pulled out some way in front of me. Wouldn't have been an issue if she'd driven off at a normal speed, but she decided to creep forward at walking speed... and I was getting a move on...

So I tooted my air-horns to warn her that I was coming (after all, my car's bright yellow and silver, and therefore invisible). Then I noticed that her window was open...

I could see her cringe in her seat, and wince...

Air horns in her right ear at 20 paces...

gingerprince

posted on 17/4/07 at 08:32 AM Reply With Quote
A bit like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5QD5OtMYKU

Mr Whippy

posted on 17/4/07 at 09:05 AM Reply With Quote
pah what you want is one of these...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9wOgTvNT1Q

Fame is when your old car is plastered all over the internet

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
chrisg

posted on 17/4/07 at 10:03 AM Reply With Quote
I was out the other day when some silly bint, er sorry...lady pulled out in front of me.

Now normally I'd have "cogged down" and gone round her but the Artic coming the other way put me off slightly.

When we got to the next lights she was turning right - and I wasn't, so I pulled along side asked her politely if "her f***** eyes were painted on?" and cruised away.

Cheered me up no end.

How sad am I?

Cheers

Chris

Note to all: I really don't know when to leave well alone. I tried to get clever with the mods, then when they gave me a lifeline to see the error of my ways, I tried to incite more trouble via u2u. So now I'm banned, never to return again. They should have done it years ago!

speedyxjs

posted on 17/4/07 at 02:40 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by chrisg
When we got to the next lights she was turning right - and I wasn't, so I pulled along side asked her politely if "her f***** eyes were painted on?" and cruised away.

I get alot of this when im out delivering round east sussex. If it wern't for my stupid sign written van, i would do exactly the same thing.
The problem is that most people that do that are old and therefore potential customers to us, so i just have to bottle it up.

How long can i resist the temptation to drop a V8 in?

Paul TigerB6

posted on 19/4/07 at 01:31 AM Reply With Quote
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ME6PQZOmA20&NR=1

Had to laugh at that one!!

Peteff

posted on 19/4/07 at 08:51 AM Reply With Quote
Last year I had a scary incident at a local set of lights. I was in the Locost and in a filter lane turning left in a line of traffic when the people carrier next to me decided he was going left at the last minute, indicated and pulled over to the space I was in, he must have looked straight over me. I had to brake and let him go and he never even acknowledged he'd seen me even though my had was on the hooter all the time. I was too shocked and having palpitations to do anything about it at the time.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

David Jenkins

posted on 19/4/07 at 08:56 AM Reply With Quote
I must admit that I nearly ran over a 7 many years ago (prob 30-odd years ago! ). I was driving my father's Rover 100 (P4-type), turning left at a T junction, and the 7 sneaked in on my left side. It was only because my passenger yelled out that I didn't have a collision.

In that instance it was the 7-driver's fault - trying to sneak past by putting 2 wheels on the grass verge - I was indicating left, after all!

When I'm out in my toy car I try to avoid putting myself into positions where another driver can't see me - not that you had the choice in your case, Pete.

miegru

posted on 10/5/07 at 05:35 AM Reply With Quote
using this tread to test my avatar....sorry
David Jenkins

posted on 10/5/07 at 08:06 AM Reply With Quote
Cheek!

rusty nuts

posted on 10/5/07 at 05:24 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by David Jenkins
I must admit that I nearly ran over a 7 many years ago (prob 30-odd years ago! ). I was driving my father's Rover 100 (P4-type), turning left at a T junction, and the 7 sneaked in on my left side. It was only because my passenger yelled out that I didn't have a collision.

In that instance it was the 7-driver's fault - trying to sneak past by putting 2 wheels on the grass verge - I was indicating left, after all!

When I'm out in my toy car I try to avoid putting myself into positions where another driver can't see me - not that you had the choice in your case, Pete.

Like the outside lane on the A14?

David Jenkins

posted on 10/5/07 at 05:57 PM Reply With Quote
Eh?

Or - to re-phrase it - I don't get your drift!

[Edited on 10/5/07 by David Jenkins]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.