Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: two pack epoxy floor paint
Wadders

posted on 29/4/07 at 05:30 PM Reply With Quote
two pack epoxy floor paint

Does anyone have any experience/advice regarding 2 pack epoxy floor paint. ie which brand is good/bad/decent price etc
I found this company using google, the prices seem reasonable compared to some.
I'm painting a factory floor btw, approx 200m2

Any advice welcome before i order the stuff.
Cheers
Al.
http://www.regalpaints.co.uk/shop/2/index.htm

macspeedy

posted on 29/4/07 at 05:35 PM Reply With Quote
I have used some special low odour 2 pac paint for floors, messy stuff what brushes etc you use gets binned, once mixed you get what they say on the tin!! , can find out the source if you are intetested.
rusty nuts

posted on 29/4/07 at 06:01 PM Reply With Quote
Make sure the floor is clean and dry. I normally use a soft broom when painting workshop floors and throw it away afterwards . Find broom quicker and easier to apply paint with. Can't help with the 2 pack stuff although I believe it to be much better than the normal floor paint
jollygreengiant

posted on 29/4/07 at 07:10 PM Reply With Quote
YEP. MAJOR ADVICE.

DO NOT clean the floor prior to painting with an ALKALINE based floor cleaner.

The chemical reaction between the floor cleaner and 2 pack paint produces a chemical which is close to mustard gas. If you want FULL ON mustard gas then please clean floor and paint the floor whilst smoking a cigarette. The Fag acts as a catalyst and produces mustard gas that you directly inhale.

This I found out when my regional manager whilst I worked lex autocentres decided that we MUST repaint the floors. He sorted the paint for doing it and other mechanics painted the floor one saturday morning whilst I carried on with mechanical work on a customers car. When he reurned to pick his car up he refused to enter the building because he was a Chemist and recognised the smell given off. Very next working day the head office gave all (but me, I was on day off) medical checks.

So be very careful.

Hope this helps.

Beware of the Goldfish in the tulip mines. The ONLY defence against them is smoking peanut butter sandwiches.

Wadders

posted on 30/4/07 at 06:14 PM Reply With Quote
Cheers for the help fellas. Spoke to Regal today, and they were very helpful, ive gone for a 2 pack epoxy self levelling product that goes on in one coat, sounds like the mutts nuts, so much so iv'e ordered a bit extra so i can do my garage floor

Al.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.