Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Check out my HOT body!
rav

posted on 6/5/07 at 08:13 PM Reply With Quote
Check out my HOT body!

Err, did I just say that? Oops...

Planning DTM ish style ducts running along the side between the arches, ducting air out from the front mounted rads and into the rear for engine bay cooling.
Might blend the arches in a bit.

I know its a bit rouch n ready at this stage (she ain't no show beast!) but thought I'd post it anyway cos there hasn't been many pics posted on here recently

Mark Rescued attachment DSCF0018.JPG
Rescued attachment DSCF0018.JPG

balidey

posted on 6/5/07 at 08:21 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Mark,
I have two cinqs and I am a member of Clubcento, the UK owners club. would you mind if i posted this link on our forum, I am sure many of our members would love to see what you are doing.

Any details of what you have done / will be doing, class of racing?

rav

posted on 6/5/07 at 09:27 PM Reply With Quote
Hi fellow cinq'er!
Yeah go for it! I've posted on Fiatforum a couple of times before - you're right, cinq owners love this sort of stuff, the crazy fools!!

Sorry haven't got around to doing a webshite yet, theres some more pics on my profile.

Its just for trackdays really, maybe a roadtrip to Italy via the Nurburgring and Octoberfest, visiting some friends on the way, if I get it all road legal that is. Could maybe autocross it, but realistically I wouldn't be able to afford racing anyway.

Sadly I'd losing enthusiast a bit, if someone we're to make a good offer I'd let them take it away or complete it for them - the money would be more useful at the moment...

akumabito

posted on 7/5/07 at 07:57 AM Reply With Quote
Brilliant project! Be sure to post more pictures of the build! You're not the only nutjob doing 'horrile' things with Fiats.. saw a Panda with a 2L turbo engine in the back some years ago... and a buddy of mine is working on a Panda with a 2L Opel (Vauxhall) engine in the rear.
MikeR

posted on 7/5/07 at 11:28 AM Reply With Quote
look up the grass trackers for inspiration. NS Dev knows a bloke who races a cinq .... well the bodyshell of one
mangogrooveworkshop

posted on 7/5/07 at 12:35 PM Reply With Quote
I want to do one smartie bec

But I like smarts so much it would hurt

Nice to see the borders represented in the engineering field.

liftarn

posted on 15/5/07 at 11:50 AM Reply With Quote
A few years ago when Trabants were dirt cheap I considered using the body of one with a bike engine. The low weight, innocent look and their reputation for lacking performance would make it an interesting sleeper.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.