Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Exup valve? Downpipe lengths
R1FREESTYLE

posted on 19/5/07 at 08:38 AM Reply With Quote
Exup valve? Downpipe lengths

I am thinking about getting the exhaust made for my car. Its a 2003 r1 engine (fuel injected), do I need to keep the exup valve? what are the pros and cons for keeping/losing it? Also the centre 2 downpipes from the standrd pipe look slightly longer than the outer two, do I need to keep the same sort of lengths? or can I keep them all the same.

Thanks

PAUL

nitram38

posted on 19/5/07 at 08:43 AM Reply With Quote
You do not need the exup valve but if you use the R1 clocks it will show an error with the rev needle.
There are fixes using various resistors and plug in devices. Do a google.
I am going to use a Veypor dash so no worries for me.
Martin at MK has just made me a 4-1 side exiting manifold for £235. All the pipes are equal length.

R1FREESTYLE

posted on 19/5/07 at 08:56 AM Reply With Quote
I do have the exup valve servo motor from the bike, if I leave this plugged in will it fool the electrotrickery into thinking all is as it should be? What about the alledged reduction in low/midrange torque? Having a greater weight to move than a bike I would have thought this was more important.
zxrlocost

posted on 19/5/07 at 09:02 AM Reply With Quote
yes it will fool it and due to your gearing and exhaust etc youll never notice any difference in performance

surely itll spend most of its life in the 10k+ range anyway

PLEASE NOTE: This user is a trader who has not signed up for the LocostBuilders registration scheme. If this post is advertising a commercial product or service, please report it by clicking here.

bodger

posted on 19/5/07 at 12:44 PM Reply With Quote
Martin's exhaust is cheaper than MK's & is TIG welded. MK's, which I've just bought is £268 & MIG welded but it is 4-2-1. So take your choice.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.