Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: other lunatic drivers...
richard thomas

posted on 19/5/07 at 07:33 PM Reply With Quote
other lunatic drivers...

Am I the only one who is experiencing this problem???

I am getting the feeling that my car brings out the worst in other drivers who feel that they have to pass me at any cost.

Yesterday, made a safe overtake manouvre in a derestricted area passing a couple of cars before tucking into a space a couple of hundred yards before a crest - some d*ckhead from way behind me in a civic type R decides he is going to prove something and passes all of the cars i did, me and also the two cars in front, virtually running off the road the car that came the other way over the crest!!!

Today aproaching a 30 limit, slowed down appropriately behind another car, only to have an LDV flatbed pull out from about 6 inches off the back of my car, pass us both virtually on the pavement the other side of the road in a built up area!!

Yesterday's incident made me contemplate selling the car, today's incident made me very worried......

I'm afraid to go out tomorrow

auzziejim

posted on 19/5/07 at 07:49 PM Reply With Quote
the reason why my car will never see the road im sorry to say this and it will annoy some people but most road users today are w@ankers and id say most of those are reps who do deserve to die but who will most likely kill innocent people before them selves when taking risks.

its also another reason why i wouldnt be without my pajero i'l do more damage to them than they will me.

bigrich

posted on 19/5/07 at 07:53 PM Reply With Quote
white vanman and boy racers, the worst of the worst. its Knobs like that which get the country covered in cameras and humps. Don't let them get to you
MkIndy7

posted on 19/5/07 at 07:59 PM Reply With Quote
*Cough* I'm both

It is only the Dumbest of the dumb that attemp these stupid tricks.... anybody that knows anything about cars would think twice about getting Racey with a 7".

You get people like this regardless of if your in the 7 or not.

I try not to go out during the day at the weekends because I get so frustrated with all the sunday drivers dordeling along in a world of their own, atleast commuters all have 1 goal!

speedyxjs

posted on 19/5/07 at 08:03 PM Reply With Quote
Im thinking you need one of these

How long can i resist the temptation to drop a V8 in?

bigrich

posted on 19/5/07 at 08:13 PM Reply With Quote
*Cough* I'm both

just realised i am too
although i repair the whitevans they drive and at 38, i have regained SOME common sense and gained a little self preservation

Rich

Jon Ison

posted on 19/5/07 at 08:20 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bigrich
white vanman and boy racers, the worst of the worst. its Knobs like that which get the country covered in cameras and humps. Don't let them get to you

cheers, make my living driving a white van, well silver.

David Jenkins

posted on 19/5/07 at 08:23 PM Reply With Quote
Had one today while out and about - an MPV tootling along until I came up behind him, at which point he decided that he would put his foot down and go as fast as he could manage. I think he had his family in the back...

I just stayed a long way behind him (umpteen car lengths) and let him get on with it - there was no chance of passing anyway. When I finally got to a wide, straight and SAFE bit of road 5 minutes later I just blasted past him.

Just another plonker to interfere with my driving enjoyment...

[Edited on 19/5/07 by David Jenkins]

edspurrier

posted on 19/5/07 at 09:21 PM Reply With Quote
Today a Rav 4 tried to overtake me on my inside going round a roundabout. Only in my MX5 but he would have crashed if he tried to keep up with me goping round quickl;y, so I backed off - tow which he tooted and gave me a one-finger salute.
Scoob

posted on 19/5/07 at 09:38 PM Reply With Quote
When ive been out with my dad, On his fireblade (On the back Obv) we have had this problem a few times, boy racers trying to overtake.. My dad just lets them pull up with us, and then he dips the clutch, and accelerates, Wheeling (slightly) away from them, They dont tend to like it much though lol
wheelfelloff

posted on 20/5/07 at 06:59 AM Reply With Quote
Don't believe for a second that this is a "modern" problem, I have been driving kit cars since I was seventeen (whisper, nearly 40 years) and it has always been the same. Having had a break for a couple of years I recently bought a little (1300cc) Westfield so that I could afford to insure it for my kids. First time out I pulled up behind a very nice (and very quick) Porche, I stayed behind him for about a mile. In hindsight he had been accelerating from various lights etc more and more quickly but it didn't register at the time as we still hadn't got the things above 40mph. Eventually he felt the need to blast past a line of cars into a blind corner resulting in a poor concrete lorry driver trying desperately to scrub off his 30 mph to give this idiot room. I suppose in one way I was the "boy (I wish) racer" but it hadn't occured to me that by simply keeping up with him at such slow speeds I would wee him off. Don't believe all wan***s drive chav vehicles or white vans. It did remind me though to give my kids a good talking to about the affects of these small cars on other idiots - whatever they drive.

Regards

Keith

Peteff

posted on 20/5/07 at 09:03 AM Reply With Quote
Last year I was on a local dual carriageway driving at a legal speed when a Clio with 4 baseball cap wearing youths passed me just before the end and cut in front of me. The two in the back were pointing back and laughing (probably at my bobble hat and shades). They were pointing and laughing at their mate driving when I went round the outside and pulled off the roundabout in front of them. I should know better but it felt good at the time.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

RK

posted on 20/5/07 at 02:54 PM Reply With Quote
Who are the people who totally ignore the "Please watch out for small children" in our neighbourhood? Yes, the mini-van people with all the offspring.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.