Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Caution to convoys travelling to Newark
bilbo

posted on 15/6/07 at 11:59 AM Reply With Quote
Caution to convoys travelling to Newark

Just read this:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/nottinghamshire/6756403.stm

A very ill thought out law aimed at Chavs, but will affect us and any other legitimate car enthusiasts as well

[Edited on 15/6/07 by bilbo]

---------------------------------------

Build Diary: http://bills-locost.blogspot.com/
Web Site: http://locost.atspace.com

jos

posted on 15/6/07 at 12:07 PM Reply With Quote
Lots of 4 car blats then

.: Motorsport / motor racing circuit / track wall art Apex Traxs :.

whitestu

posted on 15/6/07 at 12:16 PM Reply With Quote
How can it be legal to prevent people travelling together?

Stu

andyharding

posted on 15/6/07 at 12:24 PM Reply With Quote
Thankfully I have no regard for the law so this won't effect me

Are you a Mac user or a retard?

scottc

posted on 15/6/07 at 12:27 PM Reply With Quote
The cops will make a fortune out of funeral processions.
clockwork

posted on 15/6/07 at 12:30 PM Reply With Quote
So what the town is saying is that they currently don't apply the current traffic laws. It has never been legal to race around public roads against another driver. Neither is it legal to create excessive noise pollution via tailpipe nor stereo.
It's about time present law was applied rather than thinking up unnecessary new ones.

Can't wait for the first jobsworth to try and break up a wedding convoy.

andyharding

posted on 15/6/07 at 12:38 PM Reply With Quote
Would love to see them try and stop a convoy of locosts if we all split up and nailed it in different directions!

Are you a Mac user or a retard?

spaximus

posted on 15/6/07 at 01:05 PM Reply With Quote
The problem with most laws is they are a sledgehammer to crack a walnut. If the problem is a certain type of car owner then the police have sufficent powers already to deal with them. This action seems to have only one reason and that has been in the news this week. The police in the pusuit of satisfying the target mentaltiy have taken traffic officers off the road, relying on cameras to police trarric. Clearly these "boyracers" must drive slowly past cameras and when they arrive at the "cruise venue" there are no police to deal with them. So simple logic is to ban them. But will this apply to all processions? Will pikey convoys be stopped? Ferrari owners? Classic car owners? Weddings Funerals? No. so wait until they try to enforce this and the human rights lawyers get involved restricting movement in a fee democracy is a big issue.
Remember councils are usually run by councillors who couldn't get a proper job in authority and react by getting elected and then ruining things for others that have spare cash and youth on their side.

Fatgadget

posted on 15/6/07 at 01:30 PM Reply With Quote
How will this law apply to rally traffic on liason sections on public roads?
Hellfire

posted on 15/6/07 at 04:09 PM Reply With Quote
Surely our cars are not "Modified" are they I reckon they are not so stupid as to include classic rallies and stuff.... but then again where there is money to be made the police will be there.

Sad endicement of todays "Legal" Highway Robbery...

Richard Quinn

posted on 15/6/07 at 04:27 PM Reply With Quote
Are military vehicles not modified? Now that would be a convoy I'd love to see them try and break up!

Wadders

posted on 15/6/07 at 07:52 PM Reply With Quote
I would just flatly deny that i knew any of the other drivers, and claim it was pure coincidence
that some "similar" vehicles happened to be travelling the same stretch of the queens highway as me i wonder if 5 vectras or such would warrant a tug?

Al.

owelly

posted on 15/6/07 at 07:56 PM Reply With Quote
Crikey! I'll be in a convoy of several thousand cars on the M1. We'll all be heading south (and then North on Sunday) and most of the cars will be modified. Even if it's just the tyres that are not OE!!!
The plod around here have been confiscating cars for 'driving likely to cause nuisance'. They havn't nabbed any wrinkly old corpses driving every where at 3mph...........just kids sat in the local carpark......

http://www.ppcmag.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
JoelP

posted on 15/6/07 at 08:15 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by andyharding
Thankfully I have no regard for the law so this won't effect me

a man after my own heart

snippy

posted on 16/6/07 at 08:07 PM Reply With Quote
Boy Racers in Notts

Quote from the BBC article -
"The injunction is aimed at drivers of modified cars who race or "cruise" at impromptu rallies".

Surely Newark being an organised event can not be classed as an impromptu rally and is therefore exempt from this legislation. What are they going to do with the queues to get in? There are bound to be more than 5 kit cars queuing in a row!
As long as we are all sensible there should be no problem. I believe they are targeting the `max power` brigade that take over the local Sainsburys car park at night and do burn outs etc.
Nick

NS Dev

posted on 18/6/07 at 05:21 PM Reply With Quote
I belive they are too, but there are already laws to tackle this as has already been pointed out.

This really makes my blood boil, when will the twats that introduce this sort of thing realise that not everybody fits their little box of ideality and there are always going to be people that are "anti-social"

to be honest I find the labour government very anti-social, which is quite amusing, and I also find the council lard arses that dream up this crap pretty anti-social too.

Apply the law as it already stands, rather than trying to find ways of milking more money out of law abiding individual thinkers who are out to have fun, whilst totally ignoring those who are above the law and thus difficult to catch!

Retro RWD is the way forward...........automotive fabrication, car restoration, sheetmetal work, engine conversion retro car restoration and tuning

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.