Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: cossie type (108mm) cv joint bolt threads??
NS Dev

posted on 18/6/07 at 01:04 PM Reply With Quote
cossie type (108mm) cv joint bolt threads??

anybody know whether the 2wd cossie driveshaft bolts (6 per lobro joint) are 3/8 UNF or M10 x 1.25. I have lost me thread gauge and they look the bloody same to me!!

I know the 100mm ones are m8 coarse but the 108mm ones are approx 10mm and certainly not m10 coarse!

Retro RWD is the way forward...........automotive fabrication, car restoration, sheetmetal work, engine conversion retro car restoration and tuning

andyharding

posted on 18/6/07 at 01:05 PM Reply With Quote
Going to be metric I'm sure

Are you a Mac user or a retard?

NS Dev

posted on 18/6/07 at 04:11 PM Reply With Quote
no doubt, thinking about it I have a flipping 3/8unf tap so can at least eliminate that one, and I know its not m10x1 as I have tried a brake fitting in the drive stub threads.

then it'll be ordering a lovely m10 x 1.25 tap. In fact hope it is as I have drilled the holes to suit m10 x 1.25 which will be a problem if they are 3/8 unf!

Retro RWD is the way forward...........automotive fabrication, car restoration, sheetmetal work, engine conversion retro car restoration and tuning

MikeRJ

posted on 18/6/07 at 05:24 PM Reply With Quote
Is this for the grasser or a cunning plan to prevent any more breakages on the Locost?
NS Dev

posted on 18/6/07 at 05:40 PM Reply With Quote
ahhh!

nah this is for the grasser, now the locost is in one piece hopefully for more than 5 minutes I am trying to decorate my bathroom and build the grasser!

goodall

posted on 18/6/07 at 06:07 PM Reply With Quote
if the cups the same spec as an audi 100, which uses the same lobo shafts, it would be standard M10

NS Dev

posted on 19/6/07 at 11:59 AM Reply With Quote
checked last night, they are "nearly" 3/8" unf, it goes 3 threads in then stops.

They are coarser than M10 x 1 and finer than M10 x 1.5 ...................

so M10 x 1.25 fine it is then!!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.