Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: GTS service - the reason?
garage19

posted on 21/6/07 at 11:46 AM Reply With Quote
GTS service - the reason?

I was thinking about why Darren makes such a bungle of hs customer service the other day and i came up with one theory which may be causing his probs....

I wonder if he has a day job that isn't GTS??

Would explain why you can never get hold of him on the phone. Kind of hard to answer your mobile if you are working in a busy office. Would explain why he struggles to get stuff out. Not enough hours in the day after doing main job perhaps?

I wouldn't blame him if he has got a regular bill payer and the side business has just become too big to handle?

JonBowden

posted on 21/6/07 at 11:57 AM Reply With Quote
I think people might accept this if he just explained that he is working that way.
Actually, his customers would accept most of his faults if he would just communicate with them.

Jon

robertst

posted on 21/6/07 at 12:01 PM Reply With Quote
but then again how many customers does he have? surely he might not be able to attend them all AND get some work done at the same time if he does indeed have a main job and GTS is a side business..

Tom

stevec

posted on 21/6/07 at 12:09 PM Reply With Quote
I think things are strained enough without people dreaming stuff up.
Steve.

garage19

posted on 21/6/07 at 12:14 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by stevec
I think things are strained enough without people dreaming stuff up.
Steve.

Whos dreaming?

Dale Jarret

posted on 21/6/07 at 01:33 PM Reply With Quote
IIRC it wasnt that long ago GTS were saying, or someone close to them said, that they were employing/had employed more staff!.......

So how come he is now suddenly a one man band, with a full time 'other' job?

Something must have happened for such a quick change around in man power?

Do they not have a unit in Kent?

Dale

zilspeed

posted on 21/6/07 at 03:40 PM Reply With Quote
He certainly used to work for B3 technologies.

Look it up...

Dale Jarret

posted on 21/6/07 at 03:49 PM Reply With Quote
Yes, he was a worker there for a time.....but then he...errr... 'left' ? to start GTS full time?

Dale

flak monkey

posted on 21/6/07 at 04:16 PM Reply With Quote
AFAIK GTS is Darrens full time job. He also has ties with touring cars and special race series, along with several one make (GTS) race series in Dubai and other exotic places. For those that have actually met him, and been to the workshop, you would know this.

Stop stirring up shite for the sake of it. Its pi55ing me and several others off. Theres no reason for stupid posts just aimed at starting arguments about GTS for the sake of it. Grow up for fecks sake.

Sera

http://www.motosera.com

BKLOCO

posted on 21/6/07 at 09:51 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by flak monkey
AFAIK GTS is Darrens full time job. He also has ties with touring cars and special race series, along with several one make (GTS) race series in Dubai and other exotic places. For those that have actually met him, and been to the workshop, you would know this.

Stop stirring up shite for the sake of it. Its pi55ing me and several others off. Theres no reason for stupid posts just aimed at starting arguments about GTS for the sake of it. Grow up for fecks sake.

Well said David.

Jesus there are some knob heads on here lately.....

Fcuk all better to do I guess.

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want!!!

garage19

posted on 21/6/07 at 11:06 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BKLOCO
quote:
Originally posted by flak monkey

Well said David.

Jesus there are some knob heads on here lately.....

Fcuk all better to do I guess.

A knob head? I had actually offered to give up my time free of charge in another post to help you tune your car.

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=68823

So you are right, i must be indicative of the type of knob head that you describe.

Darrens customer service is a big issue for the locost building community so why can you not have a sensible debate about it without resulting to name calling?

robertst

posted on 21/6/07 at 11:32 PM Reply With Quote
the knob head comment is a bit uncalled for mate... If
you dont like the comments ignore the post. you have nothing to do with it anyway.

Tom

pointy

posted on 22/6/07 at 08:48 PM Reply With Quote
sorry to add to this thread but I ordered a seat from darren, paid my money and have tried to call him every day for the last 5 days.
I have also sent an e-mail with no response.
I need this seat for next weekends racing and this was promised by darren himself.
I know I still have 1 week to go but some response would at least alleviate concerns that we have another luego...or robin hood.

Of course unlike some who post I shall praise him if my seat arrives before next week.

Andy p (fingers crossed)
P.S not a knob head.....just a paying customer...

[Edited on 22/6/07 by pointy]

oadamo

posted on 22/6/07 at 09:44 PM Reply With Quote
ive not ordered anything from these companys but if there small or one man. they prob wont have a lot of stock so they prob have to order it in then post it out to you. but ive read that the products are good so ive gotta order some parts soon so i dont mind waiting if the parts are nice and made good. remember your not ordering off ebay lol.
ive been a member of this site for a couple of months and these posts are boring your not buying them off here so wheres this gonna get you posting on here ???
adam

BKLOCO

posted on 23/6/07 at 10:28 AM Reply With Quote
This thread is quite simply a load of crap.
Darren runs GTS as his sole business.
It is NOT a side line.
This rubbish is pure speculation with NO foundation in truth.
Why speculate over something you clearly know nothing about and have no grounds whatsoever for your thoughts.
We could all speculate about any manufacturer.
Why pick on GTS?
I could fuel the fire for say, MK and speculate about how and why they make such badly fitting bodywork or how crap their welding is but the simple fact is I DON'T know, so the best thing to do is say FCUK all.
This site needs to get back to helping people with the building of their chosen car and STOP all this garbage and personal vendettas.

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want!!!

dhollin3

posted on 26/6/07 at 12:57 PM Reply With Quote
These posts are very helpful actually as it gives people understandings of what business is worthy of their money or at least gives them an idea as to the type of service that they should expect.

I have first hand experience with GTS and i have had a pretty horifying dealings which include lies , over charging, delays etc etc. But this will be sorted out one day....i hope!

And before you say it, this will be sorted out in the correct professional manner that it deserves.

JoelP

posted on 26/6/07 at 01:08 PM Reply With Quote
nonsense - whilst im sure the 'normal' gts threads in the past have highlighted a problem, this thread in particular is just idle speculation, and pointless. Bkloco is entirely correct in his post above, except IMHO about the personal vendetta, as i dont believe for a moment thats what motivated this thread.
dhollin3

posted on 26/6/07 at 01:28 PM Reply With Quote
Ok maybe on this one, but all of the other posts about GTS have been getting the same abuse for pointing out their poor business like manor.

Should we not talk about our personal experiences that have obviously annoyed us.

I am sure the people are fully aware that you are more likely to get bad feedback on these Forums than the positive ones. But it at least it gives us 'food for thought'.

Maybe a Locostbuilders survey should exist to give the viewing public an informed opinion of suppliers/builders in the UK both positive and negative. People would then not need to talk about the problems on here so much.

Just a thought, so don't shoot me as some people would really like to do!

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.