Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Lost
Avoneer

posted on 22/6/07 at 06:02 AM Reply With Quote
Lost

Anyone finished watching the full 3rd series?

Pat...

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Tigers

posted on 22/6/07 at 06:35 AM Reply With Quote
Yup, again leaves you with more questions than before.
I heard that there will be 5 (!) seasons.

Avoneer

posted on 22/6/07 at 07:00 AM Reply With Quote
Yep - 3 more seaons.

Next one not starting until Feb 08 though!

I thought the last two episodes were some of the best yet.

And who in the coffin - Ben ???

Pat...

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Tigers

posted on 22/6/07 at 07:04 AM Reply With Quote
I guess it's Ben, could not imagine anybody else...
Actually Lost is now getting to slow and boring.
I sure like it but I wish it was over already

RazMan

posted on 22/6/07 at 07:06 AM Reply With Quote
Just to make sure I haven't lost track, was the last one Series 3 Episode 23? Loads of unanswered questions ......

[Edited on 22-6-07 by RazMan]

Cheers,
Raz

When thinking outside the box doesn't work any more, it's time to build a new box

Avoneer

posted on 22/6/07 at 07:16 AM Reply With Quote
Yes.
Avoneer

posted on 22/6/07 at 07:17 AM Reply With Quote
The one where Charlie dies.
RazMan

posted on 22/6/07 at 07:51 AM Reply With Quote
Oh you must have missed the one that followed on from there - where the aliens land the spacecraft on top of the radio beacon and then slaughter everyone with a death ray and ... and ....... just kidding

Cheers,
Raz

When thinking outside the box doesn't work any more, it's time to build a new box

Tiger Super Six

posted on 22/6/07 at 09:06 AM Reply With Quote
I didn't think that it was Ben in the coffin - I thought it was Jack staging his own funeral to see who attended as he had no friends or family?

Mark.

Mark

Tiger Avon

Avoneer

posted on 22/6/07 at 10:00 AM Reply With Quote
If it was jacks, how come kate didn't attend?

Pat...

Tiger Super Six

posted on 22/6/07 at 10:10 AM Reply With Quote
When she met him at the airport she said that she couldn't meet him anymore and she had to get back before 'he' realised.

Wondered if he wanted to see if she/others cared enough to attend?

Mark.

Mark

Tiger Avon

Tralfaz

posted on 22/6/07 at 10:45 AM Reply With Quote
In some discusssions on the 'Lost' boards there are High-Definition screen captures of the obituary Jack is holding... The persons name is J_______ ____entham.

Could be Jacob, could be an alias, could be a character we have not met yet...

An interesting theory is that it is an 'Easter Egg'(put there by the producers as a clue or special sign to big fans) and the name is Jeremy Bentham, a nod to the 18th century philosopher who came up with the Panopticon... (Though to be fair the second letter in the first name REALLY looks like an "A" )

"From Wikipedia"

The Panopticon is a type of prison building designed by English philosopher Jeremy Bentham in the late eighteenth century. The concept of the design is to allow an observer to observe (-opticon) all (pan-) prisoners without the prisoners being able to tell if they are being observed or not, thus conveying a "sentiment of an invisible omniscience." In his own words, Bentham described the Panopticon as "a new mode of obtaining power of mind over mind, in a quantity hitherto without example."

ned

posted on 22/6/07 at 11:52 AM Reply With Quote
Random fact, the body (and pickled head!) of Jeremey Bentham still exists at University College London and is often put out on show on special occassions! He has his own cabinet, I used to walk past him quite often at my previous job...

Never watched a single episoide of lost though so got no idea what you're all on about

beware, I've got yellow skin

Peteff

posted on 22/6/07 at 12:13 PM Reply With Quote
I watched half of the very first episode.

Then "lost" interest.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

james h

posted on 22/6/07 at 12:37 PM Reply With Quote
How about this for weird . . .

My chemistry teacher at school (Lancaster Grammar), Dr. John Bentham, is Jeremy Bentham's great great something or other! (I think directly related) Weird I should come across this on the Locost forum , and on Lost!!

No kidding!

NigeEss

posted on 22/6/07 at 02:00 PM Reply With Quote
Yep, still watching. They are dragging it on abit but there's still enough intrigue to keep me
interested.

I like the Jack In The Box theory

Avoneer

posted on 22/6/07 at 10:31 PM Reply With Quote
Kate did say to Jack:

Why would I go to his funeral.

Hmmmm,

Pat...

JoelP

posted on 22/6/07 at 10:50 PM Reply With Quote
kill zem. Kill zem all...

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.