Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Possible North Yorkshire meets?
marco

posted on 22/7/07 at 06:04 PM Reply With Quote
Possible North Yorkshire meets?

Living midway between York and Teeside i've noticed there doesn't seem to be any regular meetings for Owners or Builders in this area other than the South Yorks one which is a little too far for us to take the car.

Could anyone who would be interested in coming along if we set up something regular at a pub let me know your thoughts?

Mark

ruskino80

posted on 22/7/07 at 06:42 PM Reply With Quote
u2u mark
mookaloid

posted on 22/7/07 at 06:59 PM Reply With Quote
Why not?

"That thing you're thinking - it wont be that."

Wheels244

posted on 22/7/07 at 07:19 PM Reply With Quote
Sounds good
RichardK

posted on 22/7/07 at 08:38 PM Reply With Quote
Any excuse to go to the pub, count me in!

Cheers

Rich

Gallery updated 11/01/2011

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
marco

posted on 22/7/07 at 09:14 PM Reply With Quote
Looking good for interest so far, i have u2u a fair few from York and the surrounding area.

If we give it a couple of days to get a little more interest then we'll organise an intial day and venue and take it from there.

Sporty

posted on 22/7/07 at 09:32 PM Reply With Quote
Sounds good to me if only it would stop raining.
chrisg

posted on 22/7/07 at 09:38 PM Reply With Quote
There isn't one in South Yorkshire as far as I'm aware

Isn't York in Scotland anyway?

Cheers

Chris

[Edited on 22/7/07 by chrisg]

Note to all: I really don't know when to leave well alone. I tried to get clever with the mods, then when they gave me a lifeline to see the error of my ways, I tried to incite more trouble via u2u. So now I'm banned, never to return again. They should have done it years ago!

mookaloid

posted on 22/7/07 at 10:16 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by chrisg
There isn't one in South Yorkshire as far as I'm aware

Isn't York in Scotland anyway?

Cheers

Chris

[Edited on 22/7/07 by chrisg]

I would love to be nearer the South Yorks meet - I just can't bring myself to drive 120 miles round trip when I don't finish work till 7.00 pm - Yorkshire is a hell of a big county and could support a couple of meets IMHO

Cheers

Mark

"That thing you're thinking - it wont be that."

MkIndy7

posted on 22/7/07 at 10:18 PM Reply With Quote
If it turns out its not too far away from Leeds I'm sure we'd be up for it..... if we ever get the injection engine in and it stops raining for long enough!
iscmatt
Contributor

Posts 1929
Registered 30/3/06
Location York

Photo Archive Go!
Building: - BUILT - 2.0 pinto indy, Kent Cam, zzr1100 carbs

posted on 22/7/07 at 11:33 PM Reply With Quote
anywhere near york would be good for me! sva is on tuesday!!!! so should be ready for the first meet if there is one
DarrenW

posted on 23/7/07 at 09:47 AM Reply With Quote
Cleveland kit car club meet not too far away - i think in the Guisborough area.

Ne7ers have trackdays at Teesside at least twice a year. They meet at Chester-le-street last weds of every month (this week is next meet) but i guess that is not close enough.

I would be tempted in travelling south a bit if you were meeting North of Masham. A nice country pub a stones throw of an A1 turn off would be good.

:{THC}:YosamiteSam

posted on 23/7/07 at 11:14 AM Reply With Quote
the north east westy owners club meet at ramside hall usually once a month and usually get a dozen turn out - usually we meet 2nd wednesday of every month.
i'm interested in going to a meet sometime - dunno where n when yet - i'm having to wait on the weather usually - i'm getting really pissed off of getting pissed on!!!

just keep me informed of the dates and places - i will let you know if i can make it...

terry.brown3@ntlworld.com

regards

terry

marco

posted on 23/7/07 at 03:09 PM Reply With Quote
I didn't think this would be easy as North Yorks is a pretty big place...

The York area members would prefer a location near them as would the Teeside members.So how about setting up a regular get together once a month somewhere up the A19 getting on for Teeside then the following month somewhere nearer York then just alternate them?

Anyone who wants can either go to both and see some new faces or just travel to the one nearer home which ever suits.

There will be a few of us in the middle who will probably do both I'm sure....

Wheels244

posted on 23/7/07 at 08:27 PM Reply With Quote
I thought one of the main points of building these cars - apart from the fun of the build - was to drive them
Can't see the problem in travelling a bit, North Yorks has some of the best roads in the country.
Once mine's built I'll travel wherever.

TangoMan

posted on 23/7/07 at 10:23 PM Reply With Quote
I could manage a meet in York. It's about 45 mins from me so not too bad for a blat if the summer ever gets going!!

It is a decent drive up the A19 so keep us informed of dates etc.

Summer's here!!!!

DarrenW

posted on 24/7/07 at 08:38 AM Reply With Quote
OK, lets get the ball rolling.

How about 2nd Wednesday of the month. 2 venues on alternate months.
First venue somewhere between Darlington and Richmond. This will cater for the Teeside, north north yorkshire and south Durham people.

Second venue York area. This should suit the north and mid north yorkshire people

Just need someone local ish to recommend a nice pub with decent car park who is car freindly.

i already do the last Wednesday of the month at the Old Churchmouse near Chester-Le-Street which is a nice 25 / 30 mile or so run out. This is a nice distance for a drive out without being excessive.

posted on 24/7/07 at 09:47 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DarrenW
OK, lets get the ball rolling.

How about 2nd Wednesday of the month. 2 venues on alternate months.
First venue somewhere between Darlington and Richmond. This will cater for the Teeside, north north yorkshire and south Durham people.

Second venue York area. This should suit the north and mid north yorkshire people

Just need someone local ish to recommend a nice pub with decent car park who is car freindly.

i already do the last Wednesday of the month at the Old Churchmouse near Chester-Le-Street which is a nice 25 / 30 mile or so run out. This is a nice distance for a drive out without being excessive.

could that not be altered to the first wednesday in the month? gonna lose quite a few possible people who go to the westy owners club meet the same night or failing that we could do a meet up of the two clubs!!!!!!!! even bigger!!!!

yea that sounds better to me - if you give plenty of time i will circulate it to members...

marco

posted on 24/7/07 at 12:07 PM Reply With Quote
Ok,
Northern Meet

How about Morton Park near Darlington, it has a pub with food if needed and a good size car park.

1st Wednesday of the month ie 1st August (next week)

Any chance of getting the Westfield guys there?

York area meet

There is a pub where the A19 meets the York outer ring road traveling from the North with food and again a good size car park, just can't remember the name of it.

DarrenW

posted on 24/7/07 at 12:13 PM Reply With Quote
Morton Park Darlington is superb for me. 1st Weds it is (although im in Spainland for the first one, unless you want to make the first meet for York area??).

(Is Morton Park where Morrisons and B&Q is at - just off the bypass and before Cummins?)

[Edited on 24/7/07 by DarrenW]

posted on 24/7/07 at 02:32 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by marco
Ok,
Northern Meet

How about Morton Park near Darlington, it has a pub with food if needed and a good size car park.

1st Wednesday of the month ie 1st August (next week)

Any chance of getting the Westfield guys there?

York area meet

There is a pub where the A19 meets the York outer ring road traveling from the North with food and again a good size car park, just can't remember the name of it.

thats fine for me - all i need is a time to meet now and i'll circulate it amongst the chapsters..

anyone have a book i can borrow - 'raindance techniques for beginners' sure to get it wrong first time so it should stay dry...

marco

posted on 24/7/07 at 04:21 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DarrenW
Morton Park Darlington is superb for me. 1st Weds it is (although im in Spainland for the first one, unless you want to make the first meet for York area??).

(Is Morton Park with Morrisons and B&Q is at - just off the bypass and before Cummins?)

[Edited on 24/7/07 by DarrenW]

At least you'll be guaranteed good weather on the 1st....

Yes Morton Park is the one with Morrison's on just off the bypass.

Meeting from 6.30 onwards, people will no doubt come and go at a time to suit them...

If any members on here can post this on any other kit car forums that would be appreciated.. and a reminder post nearer next week on here.

Lets see if we can get a few there.....

Coose

posted on 24/7/07 at 08:35 PM Reply With Quote
I might be up for it! Maybe it may talk me out of selling the Striker....

Spin 'er off Well...

Northy

posted on 25/7/07 at 08:58 AM Reply With Quote
Not sure where you are suggesting in York and I am currently in York!

Can you give a better description of where you mean?

My car isn't taxed though this year with the poor weather we've been having

G

Graham

Website under construction. Help greatfully received as I don't really know what I'm doing!

"If a man says something in the woods and there are no women there, is he still wrong?"

Built 2L 8 Valve Vx Powered Avon

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
DarrenW

posted on 25/7/07 at 09:21 AM Reply With Quote
Woo hoo - i can make first Weds at morton. Dont go to Spainland until 4th.

i dont usually get to meets until 8 ish or so - i prefer to get kids off to bed etc first. 6.30 start is good for others though if they want to have some food i guess.

Im looking forward to it. Lets start a potential name list. Just copy, paste and add yours to bottom.

_________________________________________________________________________________
First meet - 1st August 2007. Morton Park, Darlington.

Darren Wake - Dark Blue Mac#1 ZR with stripes.

[Edited on 25/7/07 by DarrenW]

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.