Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: WANTED for 'charidy' - car with at least 2 months MOT...
Mark H

posted on 23/7/07 at 11:52 AM Reply With Quote
WANTED for 'charidy' - car with at least 2 months MOT...

Dear All,

Well i have booked myself onto a banger rally for 7 days across Europe finishing in Krakow Poland, and will be attempting to a) finish the course and b) do it for a charity close to my heart:

http://www.childrescue.net/elshaddai_donations.php

So, without tugging at too many heartstrings, has anyone got a crap car that they are willing to give me/sell me for sub £100? SOmething larger than a nova ideal, as i'm 6"4!

Thinking some big old thing like sierra, scorpio, cortina, jag, white merc, herse, etc but really W.H.Y.G?? Might have to sleep in it.

I will be looking in the local auctions/fleabay/nasty px centres in scummy industrual estates but thought i'd start with my favourite petrol heads.

Part started book chassis and "projects" that are sitting in your garden, although welcome at other times, with the time scale as it is (leaving 8th September) might be a bit too ambitious to get through MOT in time! A runner with 2 months of life left in it ideal.

On top of this, i will be setting up a charity link/paysite sometime soon.

Also will take corporate donations for stickers on the car, spare set of tyres/wheels, oil, paint spray cans, fake fur, any useful gear,etc.

All money proceeds to the above charity

All stickers will be stuck on my car

All other car related stuff & consumables will either be used by me, shared out amongst other rally drivers, or again givne to charity if poss.

Cheers all!

Mark

PS still taking other teams, anyone else fancy it??!

[Edited on 23/7/07 by Mark H]

Mark Harrison and
Q986 KCP back from the dead...

JoelP

posted on 23/7/07 at 02:05 PM Reply With Quote
if i catch you poking round the ax there'll be trouble!

Why not do it in the locost mark?! Not implying its a banger just that you would have lots more fun in it.

ChrisW

posted on 23/7/07 at 02:28 PM Reply With Quote
Mark

Dunno what the press coverage is likely to be like, but we may be prepared to offer some help in exchange for some big company logos on the car.

Drop me an email (not U2u) and we can have a chat.

Chris

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Mark H

posted on 23/7/07 at 04:43 PM Reply With Quote
cheers chris email sent!

I did consider doing the decent thing and taking the AX off your hands, but i actually want to get to Krakow, not just the other side of Leeds

Driving in the dark through somewhere like bratislava with no roof on does not make for fun driving, just f'ing dangerous..!You have seen Hostel, put me off most of Eastern Europe for life!! oh, apart from the saunas...

Anyone else got good ideas/businesses that may sponsor me/give me a car/pay for fuel, etc?!

Laters, Mark

Mark Harrison and

Dazza

posted on 25/7/07 at 07:20 AM Reply With Quote
car

try your local breakers yard, they often get cars in(i have taken in a few myself) that are near the end of there life, but often have a couple months ticket.

they will prob let you have it for the advertising etc, worth a shot.

if i was not so far away, i would give you a car for the same reason. if one came in. as i do get scrappers offered. so try the local ones as you never know.

also, the fire brigade get cars given to them, try that for an idea. again, sure they would oblige for charity.........

good luck.....

fuckit

PLEASE NOTE: This user is a trader who has not signed up for the LocostBuilders registration scheme. If this post is advertising a commercial product or service, please report it by clicking here.

Mark H

posted on 28/7/07 at 11:20 AM Reply With Quote
Cheers Dazza, thanks for the extrsa ideas. And what man can resist the lure of the scrap yard?!!

Mark Harrison and

Avoneer

posted on 28/7/07 at 04:55 PM Reply With Quote
I've got a Xantia.

Good runner (even on pure vegetable oil from asda).

Just got a hydraulic leak from under the resevoir somewhere - will be a seal.

Used a small tub a week at the mo.

£100 to you.

MOT'd and taxed.

1.9 TD.

Very comfy and fast.

Pat...

No trees were killed in the sending of this message.
However a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Mark H

posted on 31/7/07 at 07:10 PM Reply With Quote
cheers Pat, thats wicked. I'm bidding on a few on ebay, will get back to you if thats ok?

Xantia, bring it on!!

Mark Harrison and

Avoneer

posted on 31/7/07 at 09:33 PM Reply With Quote
No probs.

Just sat here in my drive at the mo gathering dust.

Pat...

No trees were killed in the sending of this message.
However a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Mark H

posted on 3/8/07 at 09:42 AM Reply With Quote
Pat - u2u sent mate.

No offers of sponsorship then?! what, at all??!

Someone who can do vinyl lettering or supply lary metal paint (not necessarily car paint just metal paint i can roller on!)for nowt/much cheapness would be a good start!

Mark Harrison and

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.