Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: leathers
pewe

posted on 9/8/07 at 07:57 PM Reply With Quote
leathers

Knowing the number of bi-polars on here (i.e cars & bikes) anyone got any comments on/ bought any of the two piece leathers from Busters @£60 a set?
They look too cheap but I'm tempted.
See offers@busters-accessories.co.uk
Offer only lasts till tomorrow. Cheers, Pewe

Simon

posted on 9/8/07 at 08:01 PM Reply With Quote
I only ever spent good money on bike leathers/helmets as I always valued my skin/bonce.

Pays your money and takes your chance I guess.

ATB

Simon

joetait

posted on 10/8/07 at 09:09 AM Reply With Quote
Alpinestar leathers - I've had 2 major slides and they're still holding together well (unlike the bike!). A good set of leathers usually comes out at ~£600 and then must get a good back protector ~£100. Good gloves ~£60 upwards.
Helmets depend totally on your head size - most people either fit one brand or another properly, rarely both.

I'm a contractor so if I cant work I don't get paid so its worth investing in proper protection. If you're permi staff and get sick pay etc, then perhaps its less important!
Proper back protectors are important as the std. leathers usually have next to no back protection as its assumed you'll use one. Some cheapo jackets have a foam pad in the back which is as good as useless - infact worse, because some people actually think it'll offer protection!

J

pewe

posted on 10/8/07 at 02:06 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks guys. As you gather I was hesitant anyway but more on the grounds that buying mail order is always a bit of a lottery. Agree with you both on cost/benefit equation.
Cheers, Pewe

Dangle_kt

posted on 10/8/07 at 02:26 PM Reply With Quote
You've got to try bike leathers on IMO, there like a helmet - all manufactures (and even different styles within a brand) fit slightly differently.

That said, I have gone to a shop, tried on a particular style, got the correct sizes to fit me, and then bought them off the net 2nd hand off ebay. Far to many precious Sunday warrior types have to have their bike match their leathers, and cos they upgrade to the latest and greatest every other week - I get a good price

Thats my locost tip.

02GF74

posted on 14/8/07 at 10:44 AM Reply With Quote
my 2p worth; go for two piece as you can always remove the jacket if it is hot.

but if it is just for track use, then one piece obviously will be stronger.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.