Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: CLUB MEET.
Robert Ryan

posted on 28/8/07 at 08:26 PM Reply With Quote
CLUB MEET.

Would people be interested in a MNR Northern Club meeting for a photo shoot/ barbeque, on a weekend this year or next. We could link it to an event or have our own. It would be nice to see some of the cars together. As I don’t know where people are located we need to find a central point. We have 2 MNR cars from Hartlepool and 2 with other kit would come along. If we traveled around 50/60 miles we could be in Wetherby, Harrogate, Ripon/ York area. Sorry to all the people in other area’s would love to sort a world wide event just to far to travel.
Alternately we could arrange a 1 night stop over with a run out on the night for next year. It will give people plenty of time to book a holiday in at work and save some money to buy the drinks at the bar on the night.

Rob

[Edited on 28/8/07 by Robert Ryan]

[Edited on 28/8/07 by Robert Ryan]

coozer

posted on 28/8/07 at 08:29 PM Reply With Quote
I know Agtiv8 and Marc were on about the same thing.

http://locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=71850

Just hope I get my car finished before it happens...

Steve

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

chockymonster

posted on 28/8/07 at 08:37 PM Reply With Quote
I do like the sound of the barbeque at MNR.
I know it's a fair way for me to get there but I might be able to persuade my dearest to attend.

PLEASE NOTE - Responses on Forum Threads may contain Sarcasm and may not be suitable for the hard of Thinking.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Davey D

posted on 28/8/07 at 08:50 PM Reply With Quote
Once my Kit arrives (end of Sept) and ive built the car (hopefully by next spring/summer) ill be up for as many outings / meets as i can get to
Robert Ryan

posted on 28/8/07 at 09:02 PM Reply With Quote
MNR Meet

I think it would be a good opportunity to meet other builders who have gone through the nightmare SVA. So even if people have not finished I would still think it would be a great way of getting advice on the build and getting through the SVA.

What colour did you go for Davey

Rob

Davey D

posted on 28/8/07 at 09:11 PM Reply With Quote
Ive gone for Yellow Bodywork, and Full carbon upgrade pack. front & back wings & transmision tunnel in Carbon / Black. also got the Carbon dash. should look good with the Team dynamics Race 1.2 in black too
stuart_g

posted on 28/8/07 at 09:21 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Davey D
Once my Kit arrives (end of Sept) and ive built the car (hopefully by next spring/summer) ill be up for as many outings / meets as i can get to

Same here, mines ready early Oct, hope to have it on the road next year then getting to meetings.

Dillinger1977

posted on 29/8/07 at 07:35 AM Reply With Quote
i'd be up for that

-Rog

bitsilly
Contributor

Posts 726
Registered 9/6/05

Photo Archive Go!
Building: Flexibility into my marriage, bless her!

posted on 29/8/07 at 08:07 AM Reply With Quote
What about having it at a place we could use the cars, like a track or airfield? Llandow near me are happy to host that sort of thing cheaply but Cardiff is a little out of the way by the sounds of it.
I guess that would involve non returnable deposits?
Great idea though.

smart51

posted on 29/8/07 at 08:25 AM Reply With Quote
Curborough near Lichfield is a sprint circuit that is cheap to rent. Not a full on circuit but that's not the idea of a sprint.
Dillinger1977

posted on 29/8/07 at 08:29 AM Reply With Quote
atm i'd be happy enough with the barby, since mine is running a tad limp.. no tracking for me yet!

-Rog

Krismc

posted on 29/8/07 at 06:51 PM Reply With Quote
2 Vortx..iiees in newcastle, one 50 percent and the other 95 percent (just looking for sumone to tune my megasquirt) and ill be there!!

Built, Ivaed, Drove and now Sold - 2011 MNR VORTX RT+ 2000cc Zetec on R1 Throttle boddies.

Robert Ryan

posted on 29/8/07 at 09:03 PM Reply With Quote
It looks like it would need to be next year to give people time to finish building. I think Lee from hartlepool has bought one that will make 3 hear. I will look at some local events for next year and see what our options are.
smart51

posted on 29/8/07 at 09:35 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Robert Ryan
It looks like it would need to be next year to give people time to finish building.

There will always be people still building, unless MNR stop selling kits.

Dillinger1977

posted on 30/8/07 at 08:21 PM Reply With Quote
hooray, a track meet might be in order after all. Cocktail sticks REMOVED from carbs, and it goes like the proverbial clappers!
stupid instructions... bah!

they do sound good at full chat dont they?

-Rog

Agriv8

posted on 30/8/07 at 10:52 PM Reply With Quote
Yup I'll be there.

Sleep, wife, Rug rat, work, colic, nappies, front end rebuild, washing, fit new front arches, cleaning, finalise EFi upgrade, cooking, rolling road session, get ready for donington.

PS not moaning - loving every minute of this parenting ( read trying to be a responsible adult / parent !!!!! ) - just sat and given junior his final bottle ( hopfully !! ) burped him and hes just laid on my chest and fallen to sleep ( ahhh ) - just got to slip him into his cot Job Done !!

TTFN

Agriv8

Taller than your average Guy !
Management is like a tree of monkeys. - Those at the top look down and see a tree full of smiling faces. BUT Those at the bottom look up and see a tree full of a*seholes .............

marc n

posted on 31/8/07 at 09:02 AM Reply With Quote
no problem having something here, just not sure how much good weather we have left ????
how about a sunday ????
good pub down the road with accomodation for people far away

cheers

marc

please email rather than u2u
direct workshop email ( manned 8am till 6pm )
www.mnrltd.co.uk enquireys to :-
chrismnrltd@btinternet.com

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
DarrenW

posted on 31/8/07 at 10:59 AM Reply With Quote
Rob, i believe there is another MNR between Bishop Auckland and Crook. Ive not managed to track him down yet but do know one of his mates.

Robert Ryan

posted on 31/8/07 at 06:31 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Darran
Kurt has just moved up your way. He should be online soon.

Robert Ryan

posted on 31/8/07 at 06:40 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for the offer Mark. I am sure we would get a few more cars at your place.

If we looked at next June it would give people plenty of time to book Holidays in.
If you get time could you find out approx, prices for B&B at the pub near you and how many beds would be avalable for a Saturday night.
Cheers Rob.

chockymonster

posted on 31/8/07 at 07:26 PM Reply With Quote
SWMBO has agreed to come
Yay

PLEASE NOTE - Responses on Forum Threads may contain Sarcasm and may not be suitable for the hard of Thinking.

TimC

posted on 31/8/07 at 09:13 PM Reply With Quote
Oh cool... all washed down with a night on the beer in Harrogate?

cobnut

posted on 1/9/07 at 03:57 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DarrenW
Rob, i believe there is another MNR between Bishop Auckland and Crook. Ive not managed to track him down yet but do know one of his mates.

Which mate would that be Darran ? <

John

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.