Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: How about a section for feedback on suppliers?
JAG

posted on 30/8/07 at 12:24 PM Reply With Quote
How about a section for feedback on suppliers?

As per the title really.

I have found that some suppliers of parts and services are best avoided and would like to share this info' with my fellow Locosters.

How about creating a section of the website where we can do this?

Justin

Who is this super hero? Sarge? ...No.
Rosemary, the telephone operator? ...No.
Penry, the mild-mannered janitor? ...Could be!

matt_claydon

posted on 30/8/07 at 12:26 PM Reply With Quote
It would probably just end up full of people bitching like you get whenever anyone complains about poor service from GTS
locoboy

posted on 30/8/07 at 12:33 PM Reply With Quote
agreed, it would be the MK lot singing their prases and the GTS lot singing theirs and slating the other.

Would just be a bitch fest and could lead to possible litigation etc for badmouthing a supplier etc etc.

Too many people on here with an axe to grind and are willing to do whatever they can to run certsin suppliers down.

My advice is do your own research person to person with your chioce of suppliers.

Then agree a price, quality, delivery schedule and your order is based upon those specifics.

If your goods do not conform to one of the conditions set out as part of the deal then you have grounds to complain/seek compensation.

Its the only way and make it CLEAR what you expect from the outset and stick to your guns and keep copies of all correspondance and send it by recorded mail too!

Better safe than sorry / bitchy.

ATB
Locoboy

David Jenkins

posted on 30/8/07 at 12:33 PM Reply With Quote
Tricky subject - if something gets posted and that supplier decides he doesn't like it, then ChrisW could end up with a 'remove and apologise, or get sued' legal demand.

Best to stay with personal word-of-mouth recommendations/opinions, IMHO.

twybrow

posted on 30/8/07 at 12:38 PM Reply With Quote
Unless comments were not allowed, and you simply gave a score? But then that would be somewhat open to interpretation. I think the best bet is word of mouth and personal recommendation.

SyKaTurbo

posted on 30/8/07 at 12:39 PM Reply With Quote
You could just operate a good feedback system in there. Everyone has good and bad experiences with companies but its good for suppliers and buyers to hear of good dealings.

There would just be very little in the way of good feedback for the persistant poor companies.

JAG

posted on 30/8/07 at 12:41 PM Reply With Quote
How about if you could only create a 'Poll' and thus gave everyone else their chance to influence the result?

Plenty of websites offer 'customer reviews' so the legal issues must be avoidable.

Justin

Who is this super hero? Sarge? ...No.
Rosemary, the telephone operator? ...No.
Penry, the mild-mannered janitor? ...Could be!

martyn_16v

posted on 30/8/07 at 02:01 PM Reply With Quote
The legal issues certainly are avoidable, but for a site like this one they're just not affordable. Ideally you'd want some proper legal advice about disclaimers and so forth on people's comments not being representative of the site owners etc etc, which will cost you as it's not entirely clear from precedent what the score is yet. And then when you do start getting threatening letters from people's solicitors you need to either pay yours to defend it or just cave in.

clockwork

posted on 30/8/07 at 02:23 PM Reply With Quote
It wouldn't be a problem if we could all stick to the simple
1) Would buy from again
2) Would not buy from again
No legal difficulties whatsoever.

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Benjamin Franklin.
"Well if you have nothing to hide, you have nothing to fear" Morons the world over.

Locost/Kit builders info and FAQ website:- www.carbuilders.info

locoboy

posted on 30/8/07 at 02:31 PM Reply With Quote
Thats no different from a score system really.

lets say i ordered something from Mac#1 and it took ages to arrive but i had ordered it in plenty of time and was in no rush for it.............

Im not bothered by that and would buy from them again.

if you read my 'i would buy from them again' comment and needed a part for your car inside a few days you wouldnt be too happy.

If your going to have a comments section it needs to include the full facts about your dealings not just a blanket statement all IMHO of course!

BTW i have never bought from Mac#1 and as such the above comments are purely for illustrative purposes - no nasty scolisitors letters please

ATB
Locoboy

designer

posted on 30/8/07 at 02:38 PM Reply With Quote
Bad, and good service should be reported fairly which, od course, is very difficult.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
clockwork

posted on 30/8/07 at 02:38 PM Reply With Quote
While I see your point locoboy, if I needed the same part, specified I needed it quickly and it didn't arrive when stated, I would select option 2. Ultimately I was just trying to remove opinion.

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Benjamin Franklin.
"Well if you have nothing to hide, you have nothing to fear" Morons the world over.

Locost/Kit builders info and FAQ website:- www.carbuilders.info

Alan B

posted on 30/8/07 at 05:15 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SyKaTurbo
You could just operate a good feedback system in there. Everyone has good and bad experiences with companies but its good for suppliers and buyers to hear of good dealings.

There would just be very little in the way of good feedback for the persistant poor companies.

I agree...surely that would work...just post positive feedback...you can then draw your own conclusions about the rest...

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.