Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: New Member
Stoo

posted on 6/9/07 at 10:09 AM Reply With Quote

Hi all,

Just a quick post to say hello - I have recently bought a Tiger Super Six (not a locost I know) but I am hoping to spend the winter ripping out the old pinto engine and replacing it with a Zetec.

I have seen plenty of advice on here surrounding fitting the zetec to seven style cars so I thought I ought to register and introduce myself, in case I need some specific advice later!

Stoo

nib1980

posted on 6/9/07 at 10:11 AM Reply With Quote
Welcome!

I'm sure any question will be answered that you may have but be warned, I'm sure someone will be here shortly to tell you to fit a bike engine!!

oadamo

posted on 6/9/07 at 10:12 AM Reply With Quote
but wont a cec be faster
adam

richijenkin

posted on 6/9/07 at 10:39 AM Reply With Quote
Welcome dude!

Rig
P.S - Forget the zetec, fit a bike engine...

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
adithorp

posted on 6/9/07 at 10:57 AM Reply With Quote
Go on then...make it a BEC.

adrian

Hellfire

posted on 6/9/07 at 11:14 AM Reply With Quote
BEC is the way to go.....

Phil

Stoo

posted on 6/9/07 at 11:26 AM Reply With Quote
I think conventional wisdom is that the Super Six is to heavy for a bike engine (650kg) and after weighing up all the possible engine conversion options the Zetec seems to be the most cost effective.

My bro has an R1 powered Striker so I know how mad a BEC is!!!

Stoo

russbost

posted on 6/9/07 at 12:14 PM Reply With Quote
Yeah, but it only weighs 650kg 'cos its got 649kg of Pinto in it, fit a bike engine & it'll be down to about 500kg!
& welcome to the looney bin - you won't find any differences of opinion on here!

I no longer run Furore Products or Furore Cars Ltd, but would still highly recommend them for Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk/ or find more parts on Ebay, user names furoreltd & furoreproducts, discounts available for LCB users.
Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/furoreproducts/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
Peteff

posted on 6/9/07 at 12:37 PM Reply With Quote
spend the winter ripping out the old pinto engine and replacing it with a Zetec.

I'd undo the bolts if I was you Stoo, it'll come out a lot easier

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

Stoo

posted on 6/9/07 at 12:48 PM Reply With Quote

Love it!!!

Peteff - I'll bear that in mind

Just need to get my hands on a Blacktop 2.0 litre Zetec now, and get my garage tidied up ready to start.

Stoo

matt.c

posted on 6/9/07 at 06:35 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Stoo

Love it!!!

Peteff - I'll bear that in mind

Just need to get my hands on a Blacktop 2.0 litre Zetec now, and get my garage tidied up ready to start.

Stoo

Sod the dirty old rusty zetec! Just get a nice clean BIKE ENGINE!

Oh yeh, Welcome.

AndyH

posted on 7/9/07 at 02:58 PM Reply With Quote
A couple of my mates have got Westies. One has a duratec (190bhp) and one a hyabusa (250bhp).
At Spa the 'busa held the duratec up for nearly a lap, then the duratec got past and opened up a large gap.
The reason was the duratec is very well set up, it all works, is reliable and more robust. The limiting factor with most cars is the pilot.
Bike engines are ace but not designed to push 5/600kg about.
The fox now enters the hen house, the farmers gun is ready..............

Macbeast

posted on 7/9/07 at 04:50 PM Reply With Quote
Welcome Stoo.

Are you thinking of selling your Pinto, and if so what size / condition is it ? I'm in Maidstone most weeks so picking up would not be a problem.

Peteff

posted on 7/9/07 at 05:32 PM Reply With Quote
Tell him he can have it if he takes it out Stoo, he'll be doing you half of the job

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.