Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Scribe lines on body tub - did yours line-up?
TimC

posted on 9/9/07 at 12:55 PM Reply With Quote
Scribe lines on body tub - did yours line-up?

Afternoon folks.

I've got the body tub on and it's about as good as it's going to get at the back now. When I move to the front and start to consider the holes for the wishbones, it looks like the scribe lines already marked in the tub for the upper wishbones are too far forward. Has anyone else experienced this?

Cheers

TC

Dillinger1977

posted on 9/9/07 at 01:43 PM Reply With Quote
lines? I cant remember having any sort of guide on mine! all done by eye..
not much help there, sorry.

-Rog

Ivan

posted on 9/9/07 at 02:26 PM Reply With Quote
Make a template out of cardboard and check.

Measure twice and cut once

millemg

posted on 9/9/07 at 04:18 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TimC

it looks like the scribe lines already marked in the tub for the upper wishbones are too far forward. Has anyone else experienced this?

TC

Scratched it already ??????

TimC

posted on 9/9/07 at 06:03 PM Reply With Quote
No, if you read the build manual and then look very closely you'll see that there is a feint mark indicating where the holes should be.

road warrior

posted on 9/9/07 at 09:59 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Tim

If you look in my photo archive there is a pic of my suspension holes. I went for a close square hole to suit the pickup rather than the round holes so I didn't use the scribe marks.

Either way make sure the bodywork is all the way forward by pushing the tub up against the rear lower rail at the back of the car. Then get the height correct by taping the lower panels up to the floor at the front or lightly jacking it in place with a jack and a piece of wood. Then you can trace around the front top pickup from the inside and you will know exactly where the centre is. Pull the panel outwards and drill a small hole from the inside and this will be the centre of the pickup. Then drill a larger hole from the outside or dremel to the shape you want. Then do the rear top and then use a rule to extend the lower front marks out to the bodywork and do the same. Note the lower rear pickup needs a bit more clearance towards the front due to the angle of the arm. Trial fit the arms as you go and you will be ok. Also use a rule to extend out the bellcrank/pushrod pickup. The first side will take a bit of time but the other side will take no time at all.

The steering rack hole can be done the same way e.g turn the rack until the shaft meets the bodywork and trace around it.

I hope this makes sense but if you need any pics let me know and I will email you some.

Regards
Sonja

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.