Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: If I had a slightly twisted chassis...
NeilP

posted on 25/9/07 at 09:03 PM Reply With Quote
If I had a slightly twisted chassis...

...As a result of my abrupt kerb visit in August. Is it possible to have it pulled straight without resorting to stripping everything off?

Lower front wishbone took the brunt so if anything is out it will be the lower chassis rail in the engine bay.

I ask 'cos it was enough out when I got the wheels laser aligned to raise the old eyebrows - Mind you I had heard anecdotally that the original Luego Viento jig was a little rustic in it's dimensions...

If you pay peanuts...
Mentale, yar? Yar, mentale!
Drive it like you stole it!

nitram38

posted on 25/9/07 at 10:22 PM Reply With Quote
Did you use a good old fashioned tape measure to check your chassis mounting points?
Try checking them diagonally from front to rear. It could be someting other than your chassis.
Allways try lots of things before jumping to expensive conclusions!

wilkingj

posted on 26/9/07 at 08:49 AM Reply With Quote
Try a good old straight edge against the chassis rails. It might give you a clue. As already mentioned, tape measure etc etc.

Does it drive in a straight line (on a level surface), does it pull to one side, or go round left / right corners equally?

1. The point of a journey is not to arrive.
2. Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Best Regards
Geoff
http://www.v8viento.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
NeilP

posted on 26/9/07 at 09:23 PM Reply With Quote
All been aligned to drive straight but it must be crabbing to do so (by a small amount - say 1 deg).

Haven't done precise geometry checks but that was next on the path - Wondered if others had come across similar problems and what is the concensus? Are there locost straightening techniques?...

If you pay peanuts...
Mentale, yar? Yar, mentale!
Drive it like you stole it!

mawmaw

posted on 27/9/07 at 06:52 PM Reply With Quote
kit car chassis are never straight (apart from mine 2 years ago) thats why you need adjustability in the suspension, in my view either adjust it uot and forget it or sell the car!

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.