Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Astroturf Xantia anyone??!
Mark H

posted on 26/9/07 at 09:07 AM Reply With Quote
Astroturf Xantia anyone??!

Hi all,

If anyone remembers posts from August, i was going to do my charity banger run across Europe. Well i managed it (more to the point, the car made it, which is nice).

I managed to blag a Xantia off Avoneer from this site (nice one Pat!), think i did him a favour getting it off his dads drive too though

Still havent got around to doing the charity website, where i wanted to raise £300 plus for a boys home in Goa, my admin skills are almost as good as my mechanical skills! Hey ho... but fear not, as soon as i do, i'll be sending the collection plate round!

Anyhow, this is the link on ebay as i now try to offload the car. if anyone wants to see pics!

Laters

CLICK HERE

Mark Harrison and
Q986 KCP back from the dead...

psaleh

posted on 26/9/07 at 01:10 PM Reply With Quote
we did a charity run a couple of years ago and used www.justgiving.co.uk as the place where people could place pledges etc. Its pretty good and you can get the gift aid relief also, which can add 25% ish to your donations.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
speedyxjs

posted on 26/9/07 at 01:11 PM Reply With Quote
Reminds me of dumb and dumber

How long can i resist the temptation to drop a V8 in?

stuart_g

posted on 26/9/07 at 03:16 PM Reply With Quote
I like the last line of the ebay ad "Once auction ends, send £50 deposit via Paypal within 24 hours of auction end, and bring the rest in cash, within 2 days. If you're local i can meet up the same night to swap if thats better for you."

How is anyone going to give you £50 or more for that!!

speedyxjs

posted on 26/9/07 at 03:49 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by stuart_g
I like the last line of the ebay ad "Once auction ends, send £50 deposit via Paypal within 24 hours of auction end, and bring the rest in cash, within 2 days. If you're local i can meet up the same night to swap if thats better for you."

How is anyone going to give you £50 or more for that!!

Must be £50 deposit that you get back when you pick it up

How long can i resist the temptation to drop a V8 in?

Simon

posted on 26/9/07 at 07:08 PM Reply With Quote
First off, well done on the run, second, good luck flogging car.

Finally, only stopped by the police 5 times A friend has just done the czech wrecks run, and they wouldn't let him into Poland (via the main road anyway)

ATB

Simon

Mark H

posted on 27/9/07 at 02:31 PM Reply With Quote
cheers all!

We did in fact feel a lot like dumb and dumber...!

Re the £50 deposit, one can only live in hope! I've in fact had a guy offering £50 cash, think he's a breaker...

Re the cops, only one speeder (my gf picked that up, admittedly i was showing her the best way to over take on little roads, ie accelerate right up to the car in front, check the gap then fly by!), one in italy started ripping off bits of flapping grass when i was having a coffee in a service station!

Yeah, if you get the easterns in a bad mood, they can be a pain. One of the other teams (an old 214 with dalmation fur on - not real) looked more shall we say studenty and got the car searched for drugs!

Still, will be doing it again - thinknig of new 'jobs for the car.

Mark Harrison and
Q986 KCP back from the dead...

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.