Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Mobile phone repair
robinj66

posted on 2/10/07 at 05:15 PM Reply With Quote
Mobile phone repair

I've got a Motorola Razr V3X which is just over a year old. It started switching itself off and then, all of a sudden, the screen won't show any display but the buttons light up momentarily when the power button is pressed.

I'm about a week away from an upgrade (and the to$$ers won't budge) so I don't want to spend too much unnecessarily.

Anyone have any experience with repairing these things? - how easy are they to open up and take apart? What should I be looking or? (apart from a new phone)

It's on a contract with "3" - am I right that the SIM card will work on any "3" or unlocked handset?

[Edited on 2/10/07 by robinj66]

RazMan

posted on 2/10/07 at 05:19 PM Reply With Quote
I have re-cased one of these in the past and they are quite fiddly. It could be one of the display connections but tbh I wouldn't attempt a repair - probably best to wait a week and then flog it on eBay as 'repairable'.

Cheers,
Raz

When thinking outside the box doesn't work any more, it's time to build a new box

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Catpuss

posted on 2/10/07 at 05:22 PM Reply With Quote
The 3 simms only work with 3 mobile phones as the firmware is modified for the larger capacity simm. Sadly you can't use a 3 simm in a non 3 (even unlocked) phone.
Rek

posted on 2/10/07 at 06:08 PM Reply With Quote
call customer services and ask them for your pac (Porting Autherisation) code (so you can take your phonenumber to another supplier) they will transfer you to retentions who will be more helpful than customer service with an upgrade..
robinj66

posted on 2/10/07 at 06:10 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks chaps - better to know the situation now rather than live in vain hope

Any recommendations on a good phone?

stevec

posted on 2/10/07 at 06:36 PM Reply With Quote
Just bought the daughter a Samsung G600,
She says its, and I quote "Bangin"
Steve.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.