Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: how to buy a webpage
baz265

posted on 2/10/07 at 07:17 PM Reply With Quote
how to buy a webpage

Hey guys i am looking to set up a webpage for my mum to advertise her property. Can anyone tell me how i can buy a page with the name i want for example www.greenhills.ie
She doesnt want to use a blog but i dont know how to buy a specific page.

any help is great tanx

http://barrystoy.blogspot.com/

joneh

posted on 2/10/07 at 07:23 PM Reply With Quote
Choose someone to host it for you and click on the "buy a domain" option. I use f2s.com to host but the uptime and CS isn't great.

vinny1275

posted on 2/10/07 at 07:26 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Barry,

First you need some webspace - your ISP will normally give you some with your internet access.

Then you need something like frontpage or Dreamweaver to build your webpages in (unless you can type HTML).

Then you just need to buy the domain name - I get mine from www.uk2.net, but looking at them, they don't do Irish domains. Try http://www.hostingireland.ie/ - I just looked there and greenhills.ie is already gone, but you should be able to figure out something suitable.

Then, once it's all set up, point your new domain at your webspace, sit back and have a Guinness!!

The problem then is getting people to find it. Google rankings are difficult to get, and not something I'm an expert on, but let me know if you want some pointers on it.

Cheers

Vince

dan__wright

posted on 2/10/07 at 07:46 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by vinny1275
Hi Barry,

First you need some webspace - your ISP will normally give you some with your internet access.

Then you need something like frontpage or Dreamweaver to build your webpages in (unless you can type HTML).

Then you just need to buy the domain name - I get mine from www.uk2.net, but looking at them, they don't do Irish domains. Try http://www.hostingireland.ie/ - I just looked there and greenhills.ie is already gone, but you should be able to figure out something suitable.

Then, once it's all set up, point your new domain at your webspace, sit back and have a Guinness!!

The problem then is getting people to find it. Google rankings are difficult to get, and not something I'm an expert on, but let me know if you want some pointers on it.

Cheers

Vince

the problem with that is getting the domain to point to your isps hosted space, this will involve sorting dns and then getting your isp to add server names or alias details for you which wont happen, you want to loof for a frame forward hosting packages (quite a few places offer this when you buy a domain).

this mans when they type yourdomain.ie what you actauly see is someuser.wanadoo/mypage.blah

FREE THE ROADSTER ONE…!!

fesycresy

posted on 2/10/07 at 07:57 PM Reply With Quote
Is this any use ?

123 web hosting

HTH.

Lyn.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The sooner you fall behind, the more time you'll have to catch up.

John P

posted on 3/10/07 at 07:11 AM Reply With Quote
I'm certainly no expert but I did build a website for my own business (see www.indigo26.freeserve.co.uk).

The webspace was free with my e-mail account but the address isn't very memorable so, as suggested, you'd need to buy a better one.

I used Microsoft Publisher to create the site because I already had it and it's simple to use. You can even try it out in a simulation mode before uploading it to your ISP.

Sorry if this isn't a very professional solution but it would probably do whet you want at minimal cost.

baz265

posted on 3/10/07 at 07:28 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks for all the advice guys as usual always help at hand here.

Cheers

http://barrystoy.blogspot.com/

wyatt

posted on 3/10/07 at 07:42 AM Reply With Quote
either setup a free website with your ISP

or give me a shout though my web site and I will see what I can do seeing as I am doing websites will be a good discount

link

www.bynxy.co.uk

dan__wright

posted on 3/10/07 at 07:58 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by fesycresy
Is this any use ?

123 web hosting

HTH.

Lyn.

if you went witht he free starter package that gives you one page, you could upload a frame forward and then use your isps space.

FREE THE ROADSTER ONE…!!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.