<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Westfield in the news
jos

posted on 29/10/07 at 07:44 PM Reply With Quote
Westfield in the news

http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docId=-5877942263554216 150&hl=en-GB

[Edited on 29/10/07 by jos]

.: Motorsport / motor racing circuit / track wall art Apex Traxs :.

worX

posted on 29/10/07 at 07:56 PM Reply With Quote
Cleaner cLars... Wicked...

Steve

stevec

posted on 29/10/07 at 08:03 PM Reply With Quote
Two words, "F**k Brussels"
smart51

posted on 29/10/07 at 08:09 PM Reply With Quote
That's why you need to dump your pinto and get a BEC. Lower fuel consumption. Oh, and faster too.
BenB

posted on 29/10/07 at 08:12 PM Reply With Quote
It's so silly!!!! One cow has the same impact on the environment as the average 4*4.... What next, catalytic converters for cows?

I reckon if you got all the miles done by every Westfield in the country it wouldn't amount to even 5-6 cows

Stupid....

Dangle_kt

posted on 29/10/07 at 08:13 PM Reply With Quote
must have been a quiet day in the news room that week!

10 mins on that! WOW!

interesting stuff, but I doubt it will have a major impact IMO. small kit car manufacturers dont make enough cars of each model for type approval, so surely a similar rule of limited numbers will help here too... each car is relitivley unique so CO2 will have a similar disperate range.

Guinness

posted on 29/10/07 at 08:13 PM Reply With Quote
Balanced reporting, my arse.

Where was the bit on the electric Indy?

Mike

blakep82

posted on 29/10/07 at 08:20 PM Reply With Quote
think a tory government is needed if that MP is anything to go by...

that Glynnis woman was just asking for a slap

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

blakep82

posted on 29/10/07 at 08:22 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BenB
It's so silly!!!! One cow has the same impact on the environment as the average 4*4.... What next, catalytic converters for cows?

I reckon if you got all the miles done by every Westfield in the country it wouldn't amount to even 5-6 cows

Stupid....

and isn't it something like 1 volcano erruption emits more co2 than any human activity ever has? why not start banning volcanos? and breathing. if everyone stopped breathing, we'd all be better off.

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

designer

posted on 29/10/07 at 08:28 PM Reply With Quote
But this might stop small companies selling turn-key cars.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
thepest

posted on 29/10/07 at 08:43 PM Reply With Quote
I wonder,how will this effect the SVA testing....
Jimbob

posted on 29/10/07 at 08:45 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by stevec
Two words, "F**k Brussels"

^^^ i agree

damien

posted on 29/10/07 at 08:47 PM Reply With Quote
carbon this and carbon that....
the only carbon im intrested in is carbon fibre

Topaz gti6-tb 205 Gti (ph1.5)
Sigma 2.0 8v 306 XSI (ph1)
Provence 1.9 8v dturbo (ph2)

nathanharris1987

posted on 29/10/07 at 08:48 PM Reply With Quote
global warming? anything to do with the fact we're still coming out of an ice age?

We all know that carbon footprints in their calculation dont cover the "hidden costs" behind an individual's or companys undertakings. It's probably one of the hardest things to do... quantify what we take from around us, right now our beady eyes are soaking up the energy our computor screens are producing and talking about whats "green".

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
stevec

posted on 29/10/07 at 08:57 PM Reply With Quote
What about the carbon footprint from all the lighting to make the ugly bint in the report look good
blakep82

posted on 29/10/07 at 08:57 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by stevec
What about the carbon footprint from all the lighting to make the ugly bint in the report look good

she SURE was

flange nut

posted on 29/10/07 at 09:30 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
if everyone stopped breathing, we'd all be better off.

No, we would be better off if all the MPs and MEPs stopped breathing.

MikeR

posted on 29/10/07 at 09:35 PM Reply With Quote
if you don't believe the climate is changing, you've heard we're still coming out of the ice age / the world is flat / cows emit more CO2 than humans then ....

go read the new scientist. They did a thing a little while ago on the 20 myths of climate change. Every excuse i've heard for it not existing was debunked in a very reasoned and scientific way.

Dangle_kt

posted on 29/10/07 at 10:14 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MikeR
if you don't believe the climate is changing, you've heard we're still coming out of the ice age / the world is flat / cows emit more CO2 than humans then ....

go read the new scientist. They did a thing a little while ago on the 20 myths of climate change. Every excuse i've heard for it not existing was debunked in a very reasoned and scientific way.

I agree, however I do not think that targetting all car manufactures (including kit cars which get very limited use) is the best place to start.

Surley the 80/20 rule applies here, target the big boys and worry about tiny issues later?

We still get a large chunk of our electricity from coal/gas fired power stations in this country when better options (environmentally speaking) are available, but becuase nuclear power will loose votes few politicians have the balls to make THAT call, so they will medle elsewhere.

[Edited on 29/10/07 by Dangle_kt]

RK

posted on 29/10/07 at 11:56 PM Reply With Quote
So a cat has to be put on. So what?
Simon

posted on 30/10/07 at 01:25 AM Reply With Quote
I'm not convinced the climate is changing. Until recently it was called global warming, now it's climate change. So does that mean it's getting cooler, getting warmer, weather patterns are changing. What exactly.

500 years ago, the Thames froze over regularly. A 1000 years ago, it was so warm in this country wine grapes were a very common crop.

The earth is always changing, but we are the onlybeings to have noticed, and some think it might be our fault.

Those "some" are the people in, say the US, where the budget for "climate change" has gone from a couple of million dollars 20 years ago, to iro $2.5 billion/year now. If you're a scientist, seems like a very good business to be in at the moment.

Don't get me wrong, having read Alan Weisman's book (The World Without Us), the human race really is effing up this planet, with the dumping of plastics, nuclear waste and numerous other toxins - most of which will be around for a very very long time. I do do my bit and recycle cans, paper, plastics (at my own expense in addition to usual council collected rubbish), glass and "green" waste.

But, if the government/local authority start taxing me (ie by taking my rubbish away by weight), they'll be taking a lightweight bag of ash away every week. At least my "carbon footprint" (said with contempt) will be instant rather than delayed via decomposition etc).

I didn't watch the vid for more than a minute, because a) Brussels is for the most part, unelected, b) is corrupt, and c) I found her voice incredibly irritating.

Oh yeah, they'll probably try and close my business down at some point, because there is two things that are expected to far outlast the human race. One is the plastic bag, the other being bronze artwork!

ATB

Simon

RK

posted on 30/10/07 at 03:13 AM Reply With Quote
All I asked about was whether a catalytic converter would really be all that bad. I don't care what people think about the planet.
smart51

posted on 30/10/07 at 08:30 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Simon
I'm not convinced the climate is changing. Until recently it was called global warming, now it's climate change. So does that mean it's getting cooler, getting warmer, weather patterns are changing. What exactly.
Simon

They've changed the name so it must be untrue

quote:
Originally posted by Simon
500 years ago, the Thames froze over regularly. A 1000 years ago, it was so warm in this country wine grapes were a very common crop.

No. The Thames never froze regularly. Even if it did, the fact that it doesn't now means that it must be warmer, right? Grapes were not a common crop in the UK 1000 years ago. The climate didn't change that frequently. Data shows it has been stable for the last few thousand years save for one really cold spell when the thames did freeze and the last 150 years or so. What CET data shows is that since 1988 the temperature has risen steadily and quite differently to the previous 300 years. It is quite evident that the climate is changing. The only possible dibate is why, not if.

smart51

posted on 30/10/07 at 08:32 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by RK
So a cat has to be put on. So what?

How with that help the planet? Catalytic converters make CO2 out of CO, Hydrocarbons and soot. They also drive up fuel consumption by restricting the engine's gas flow, causing the driver to put their foot down further to make the required power. They make exhaust gasses "cleaner" don't think they make less pollution though.

fesycresy

posted on 30/10/07 at 08:51 AM Reply With Quote
Perhaps they should channel their energies into altering the minds of the Americans and Chinese ?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The sooner you fall behind, the more time you'll have to catch up.

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.