Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Sierra rack
kastrato

posted on 8/11/07 at 11:58 AM Reply With Quote
Sierra rack

I am in the process of getting a 2.4 sierra rack for my MK Indy.
The guy who is making it for me asked me for the lenght between the mounting holes. The problem is that my car is in Greece so I can not measure it.
Can somebody measure the centre of the length between the mounting holes on the rack of their car (MK Indy) for me??
Thanks in advance guys!!

MK INDY fireblade

afj

posted on 9/11/07 at 10:11 AM Reply With Quote
i make it 147mm but i would wait for someone else to second that
kastrato

posted on 9/11/07 at 10:13 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks for that!
Anybody to second that to be sure??

MK INDY fireblade

Jonte

posted on 9/11/07 at 05:20 PM Reply With Quote
Looks like 147 on mine 2

Click it

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
kastrato

posted on 10/11/07 at 12:05 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks guys
appreciated!!

MK INDY fireblade

kastrato

posted on 1/12/07 at 11:18 AM Reply With Quote
Hello guys!
I still haven't receive the rack....
The guy asked me another dimension, can sobody help me out?
His exact words were:
"Sorry , we need another measurement-the current rack shaft length -otherwise we are guessing-i want it to fit exact"

P.S I dont understand that quote myself but if people know what he means can you give me this dimension?

MK INDY fireblade

kastrato

posted on 3/12/07 at 07:32 PM Reply With Quote
please somebody help!!

MK INDY fireblade

Bluemoon

posted on 4/12/07 at 09:08 AM Reply With Quote
You might also need the length of the rack is self, as the MK is shortened, and this is requried to dial out the bump steer..

Dan

Jonte

posted on 6/12/07 at 08:47 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kastrato
Hello guys!
I still haven't receive the rack....
The guy asked me another dimension, can sobody help me out?
His exact words were:
"Sorry , we need another measurement-the current rack shaft length -otherwise we are guessing-i want it to fit exact"

P.S I dont understand that quote myself but if people know what he means can you give me this dimension?

sorry don´t understand that

Click it

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Jubal

posted on 6/12/07 at 09:22 PM Reply With Quote
I have just bought a new sierra quick rack which I will modify (or have modified if it's too tricky). It will take a couple of weeks so I will report back with measurements.
Jubal

posted on 18/12/07 at 09:27 PM Reply With Quote
Well, erum, I have admitted defeat on the modifying my own rack idea. One read of the manual and all the messing around involved to save 20 quid or so and I realised life is too short. Parts returned back to Demon Thieves and I'll be ordering a pre-modified quick rack in due course. I am such a lightweight
kastrato

posted on 18/12/07 at 11:41 PM Reply With Quote
I still have not received mine...
It is not completelly my fault though because when I ordered the rack I specified that my car was in Greece (I am in UK) so no measurement can be taken.
Then the company (pretty well known actually company which I dont want to say their name, but you all know them in this forum...) reply to me asking for some measurements. I asked in this topic for the dimensions they asked me for and two very kinf people replyed with the measurements (thank them a lot!!)
Then after a week or so the company replyed by asking more measurements...
I understand that they are trying to deliver a fine product but I had specified since the beginning that I dont have my car in hand so no measurements can be taken...
The big problem is that these people are asking me for measurement which I dont understand because I am Greek and my english language capability is limited (especially when coming to mechanical terms..) due to this fact I copy pasted the email send to me into the previous thread
and I realized that other people doesn't understand what they asked me either...
Actually I will send them another email tonight which will request of a simple drawing explaining the dimensions required by them in order to customize the rack to fit my car and I will take these measurement on my car during Xmass holidays. I will let you know when I receive it in my hands, but it wont be soon. In the meanwhile if other people in here have progress with their racks feel free to post updates.

MK INDY fireblade

Jubal

posted on 19/12/07 at 08:41 AM Reply With Quote
Sounds like a lot of hassle. Why not just buy one from mk?
kastrato

posted on 19/12/07 at 01:02 PM Reply With Quote
So 2 main reasons. Firstly he MK one is 2.8 turns the one I am after is 2.4,
and secondly the company I am talking about is in the same league with MK (maybe a little bigger than MK actually)

MK INDY fireblade

Jubal

posted on 19/12/07 at 03:38 PM Reply With Quote
Ok. Sorry I couldn't help. How much is the 2.4 rack costing you? And where are you buying it from?
mad-butcher

posted on 19/12/07 at 06:20 PM Reply With Quote
well I'm even more confused if it's a company making kitcars then the odds are it's a copy of an mk (been going to kitcar shows for a good few years and I seen them all come and go ) so they should know the dimensions.
Tony

kastrato

posted on 19/12/07 at 09:48 PM Reply With Quote
I know that all are quite similar but this guy insist to take MKs measurements just to make sure I guess.
I am paying 140 including VAT and delivery. The company is MNR ltd.
I have already payed for it since November I think and the last time I spoke to Chris (MNR chris) we agreed to freeze the order for after xmass when I come back with the measurements of my own car. I email him yesterday asking for a sketch drawing of what to measure and he has not replyed yet.

MK INDY fireblade

kastrato

posted on 8/1/08 at 07:48 PM Reply With Quote
Hello again!
I have received the sketch for the measurements needed. It is the one below

http://s148.photobucket.com/albums/s30/kastratocliosport/spares%20MK%20indy%20racing/?action=view&current=Picture.jpg

Can somebody measure his steering rack on an MK Indy?
Thanks in advance once again!

MK INDY fireblade

Jubal

posted on 8/1/08 at 08:08 PM Reply With Quote
I can now see how that quality diagram took them so long to sketch out. If my car was here I'd measure up for you but no doubt some helpful soul will be along on a minute.
Jonte

posted on 8/1/08 at 08:46 PM Reply With Quote
A: 147mm as we wrote early in the thread
B: I have the extension rods mounted, but I think 1000mm is close to the truth
C: About 320mm. Measured with those rubber protection thingys in place

give or take 1-2 mm in either direction

Click it

kastrato

posted on 8/1/08 at 10:38 PM Reply With Quote
thanks!
this drawing sent to me on 21 of Dec just for the record...

MK INDY fireblade

kastrato

posted on 15/1/08 at 12:00 PM Reply With Quote
still waiting for the steering rack....
I have sent 3 emails to the company since you people posted the dimensions here and I have take no reply back...

MK INDY fireblade

DarrenW

posted on 15/1/08 at 12:17 PM Reply With Quote
So they are supplying a modified 2.4 full rack for £140. That sounds like a good deal. I was under the impression that a quaiffe quick rack kit (for self assembly) is similar cost alone and no-one appears to have any stock. Quaiffe aparantly havent committed to a production slot yet.

[Edited on 15/1/08 by DarrenW]

kastrato

posted on 15/1/08 at 01:41 PM Reply With Quote
I believe that the quaiffe quick rack kit is cheaper. The price is good I have to admitt because I had a look around before I order it.
Most of people do 2.9 turns racks for sierra (I think quaiffe kit is the same too), I wanted a 2.4 and also wanted to give no rack for exhange because my car is in Greece.
If you send your rack to modifed into 2.4 turns is even cheaper.

MK INDY fireblade

kastrato

posted on 15/1/08 at 01:42 PM Reply With Quote
By the way I received an email confirming that the rack will be here next week some time so when this happend I will post some pics.

MK INDY fireblade

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.