Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: MNR Open Day & Camp Weekend
Robert Ryan

posted on 15/11/07 at 06:11 PM Reply With Quote
MNR Open Day & Camp Weekend

I take it that there is no Harrogate show this year.

I think its about time we sorted a MNR plus friends, ( other Kits) weekend. We talked about it a few months back but I think we need to set a date.
So I propose that we set a date around July, if people could check what is on that month.
Location , Harrogate / Ripon/ Knaresborough.
How do people feel about camping or hotel. Meet on the Friday night or Saturday am
run out on Saturday plus visit to MNR, barbeque on Saturday night., Home Sunday.
We can open it up to other car owner if they would like to come along.
ANYONE UP FOR IT?
We Have 3 MNR cars in Hartlepool now and a couple of other cars who would like to come along.

Cheers Rob

[Edited on 25/11/07 by Robert Ryan]

[Edited on 25/11/07 by Robert Ryan]

stuart_g

posted on 15/11/07 at 06:21 PM Reply With Quote
Definately up for it if I can get my car on the road for then.

Don't mind camping but prefer hotel.

[Edited on 15/11/07 by stuart_g]

Krismc

posted on 15/11/07 at 07:22 PM Reply With Quote
2 Mnr Vortx owners + 2 friends here in newcastle, at least one will be SVAed for july and hotel or camping- secure parking if its hotel!! and flat camp site if we tenting

[Edited on 16/11/07 by Krismc]

Built, Ivaed, Drove and now Sold - 2011 MNR VORTX RT+ 2000cc Zetec on R1 Throttle boddies.

thegasmen

posted on 15/11/07 at 09:26 PM Reply With Quote
mnr do

Hi all
Im up for it mind you we are only about 6 mile away from them,There is three of us in dax rushes keep us informed.

regards mick

ps have you asked mark or chris at mnr yet

Robert Ryan

posted on 15/11/07 at 09:50 PM Reply With Quote
Yep spoke to mark a couple of months back he was up for it. just need to set a date.
Fencewrecker

posted on 16/11/07 at 09:59 AM Reply With Quote
MNR meet sounds great, starting build shortly (due to collect in a week) so may be on road, but would try to attend anyway. Plus its local for me also (30 miles, so should get the tyres warm).

Dave:

scutter

posted on 16/11/07 at 11:24 AM Reply With Quote
I'd pop up for that, When was the Show planned for? I could do witha target to aim for

ATB Dan.

The less I worked, the more i liked it.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
DarrenW

posted on 16/11/07 at 11:50 AM Reply With Quote
Your other option is to couple it up with another show - eg Newark. Newark is also proving to be a regular Mac#1 gathering as well. The bigger the party the better i say

Krismc

posted on 16/11/07 at 01:55 PM Reply With Quote
....too far south for some!

Built, Ivaed, Drove and now Sold - 2011 MNR VORTX RT+ 2000cc Zetec on R1 Throttle boddies.

Robert Ryan

posted on 16/11/07 at 08:27 PM Reply With Quote
MNR Weekend. Camping Or Hotel

Sorry , But I did not mean a Show . I just meant a overnight stop where around 20 or more kit cars could meet up over the weekend. We could organized our own run out Plus a stop a mnr on the way back. A barbeque on the Sat night and home on Sunday.
If people agreed to a Camping weekend it could be quiet a cheep 2 days. Won’t break the bank. ( keep the wife happy). We would have 8 months to plan, I think we could organize a fun packed weekend. There are a number of sites around that area, so I am sure we could find one with secure parking and a club on site.
Rob

[Edited on 16/11/07 by Robert Ryan] Rescued attachment sva car.jpg
Rescued attachment sva car.jpg

amalyos

posted on 17/11/07 at 09:21 PM Reply With Quote
Don't forget us guys down South

I'm up for a camping weekend, somwhere in the Midlands would be good for everyone, I think linking it with a show or trackday would be good.

http://stevembuild.blogspot.com

Wheels244

posted on 17/11/07 at 10:43 PM Reply With Quote
I'd be up for it - mine WILL be on the road before then.
marc n

posted on 18/11/07 at 04:52 PM Reply With Quote
plenty of places near us combined with a dales run out , well up for that ( could combine with a bbq open day or something at the workshop ( plenty of parjking available, couple of campsites within ( 5 miles also ) have statics too if you not a tent person, for a midlands type event we could also do newark ( dont mind paying for an owners area and a barbeque and beers etc )

cheers

marc

please email rather than u2u
direct workshop email ( manned 8am till 6pm )
www.mnrltd.co.uk enquireys to :-
chrismnrltd@btinternet.com

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
TimC

posted on 18/11/07 at 05:29 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by marc n
dont mind paying for... beers etc )

Kerching...!

Robert Ryan

posted on 18/11/07 at 06:26 PM Reply With Quote
MNR Open Day & Camp Weekend

Thanks for the reply Mark,

Mark, If you could check your diary so we can provisionally set a date, Taking into account all shows you are going to. Open day sounds good.
I am sure that it will be a good turn out, Do you think we should limit the numbers or should we just go for it .
If there is anybody out there that would like to organize the run please shout up.
I would think Start the run from the camp site around 11.00am this will give people time to arrive if they didn’t stop over. We could also meet cars at different location on the run. Approx 1 hour 30min runs with 3 stops to regroup calling at MNR around 1.30pm / 3pm travel back to site arrive 4.00pm.
If people would like to help out please let me know. Eg: look at camp sites costs, availability. Organize the run.
Once the date has been set, we need to start confirming who will be coming along.
I would thing it would probably mean a small deposit to the camp site. SO GET YOUR HOLIDAY BOOKED IN AT WORK.
See you all soon Rob.

[Edited on 19/11/07 by Robert Ryan]

sucksqueezebangblow

posted on 19/11/07 at 03:35 PM Reply With Quote
I'm also up for the trip along with my mate Fencewrecker. My MNR may not be ready but will definitely drive up from 'darn sarf' and may be able to borrow a camper that will sleep four inside and four outside (under enclosed awning) if anyone needs somewhere to kip. Any one else from down south interested in driving up?

Better to Burnout than to Fade Away JET METAL ~ AndySparrow ©

Robert Ryan

posted on 19/11/07 at 06:32 PM Reply With Quote
I hope it doesn’t turn out like the top Gear camping trip.

It would be great if you could join us.

Cheers Rob

Dillinger1977

posted on 20/11/07 at 09:03 PM Reply With Quote
still up for it if i actually manage to get it fixed..
amalyos

posted on 20/11/07 at 09:28 PM Reply With Quote
Looks like I'll be trailering it up then
Although I like driving it, 5 hours up the motorway is a bit much.
I still fancy combining it with a trackday if anyone else is up for it. Anyone know a good trackday in the area?

stuart_g

posted on 20/11/07 at 10:26 PM Reply With Quote
I'll be trailering mine up if I get it finished on time also Amalyos so you will not be on your own, perhaps we could get a convoy going of all us southerners on our way up norf.
Robert Ryan

posted on 20/11/07 at 10:46 PM Reply With Quote
open day, Camp weekend.

It may be a good idea to trailer, after a couple of hours on the motorway in a bike engined car you do need ear plugs.
It would be nice to see at least 20 mnr cars together for a photo shoot. I am sure there will be lots of other cars joining us to.
Check your diary for june / july. I am awaiting a date from Mark (MNR)
When we have a date I will get a list started.
Rob

amalyos

posted on 21/11/07 at 12:52 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by stuart_g
I'll be trailering mine up if I get it finished on time also Amalyos so you will not be on your own, perhaps we could get a convoy going of all us southerners on our way up norf.

Sounds good.

Anyone else from London/SE area up for a convoy up the A1?

Steve

RickRick

posted on 21/11/07 at 01:06 PM Reply With Quote
i'd come over for that, but since i don't get my kit till feb i doubt i'll be with car!
Robert Ryan

posted on 21/11/07 at 05:19 PM Reply With Quote
Even if you have not got the car finished you are still welcome. It will give you a few ideas looking at the other cars. They shoud be plenty of opportunity to have a run round in a few of the cars , Mark might even take you out. ( Bring plenty of clean underwear).
If we get plenty of people coming along to this gathering we may have 2 per year .
One up hear and one down there.

chockymonster

posted on 21/11/07 at 05:28 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by amalyos
quote:
Originally posted by stuart_g

Sounds good.

Anyone else from London/SE area up for a convoy up the A1?

Steve

Will be coming from Bracknell so yes

PLEASE NOTE - Responses on Forum Threads may contain Sarcasm and may not be suitable for the hard of Thinking.

<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.