Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Fuel Swirl Pot
keith2lp

posted on 20/11/07 at 01:11 PM Reply With Quote
Fuel Swirl Pot

Hi

As I am upgrading to a duratec from a Pinto and I don,t have a swirl pot in my fuel system I need to add one.

I plane to run a low pressure pump to the swirl pot then high pressure to the injectors & then return to the swirl pot. I will also run a return from the swirl pot to the tank.

Can the swirl pot be located in the engine bay or does it need to be close to the tank.

Thanks

Keith

[Edited on 20/11/07 by keith2lp]

twybrow

posted on 20/11/07 at 01:15 PM Reply With Quote
Why is this posted in BEC sec tion? Might do better in the EFI section.

I cant see why it would make any difference as to where you put the swirl pot. Ideally I would think you would have it as close to the tank for ease of plumbing/wiring.

ned

posted on 20/11/07 at 01:18 PM Reply With Quote
low pressure pumps pulls better and a higher pressure pumps pushes better. I fitted all mine in the boot near the tank - pics in my archive.

Ned.

beware, I've got yellow skin

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
RazMan

posted on 20/11/07 at 01:24 PM Reply With Quote
Have you thought about a Range Rover pump assembly? Pump, swirl pot and sender all in one.

Cheers,
Raz

When thinking outside the box doesn't work any more, it's time to build a new box

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Paul TigerB6

posted on 20/11/07 at 01:41 PM Reply With Quote
Is this the one Raz?? http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Range-Rover-EFi-Discovery-fuel-pump-injection-petrol_W0QQitemZ160180109175QQihZ006QQcategoryZ31348QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZV iewItem

I have been looking at a suitable pump for a ZX12R engine so would this be suitable for a bike engine??

Also, any specifications on this part anyone - fuel level sender spec, dimensions etc etc

Cheers
Paul

Edited to add the link that vanished!!! Doh

[Edited on 20/11/07 by Paul TigerB6]

robertst

posted on 20/11/07 at 01:53 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

I am upgrading to a duratec from a Pinto

does that mean you won't be needing the pinto exhaust? i would be very much interested in it...

Tom

RazMan

posted on 20/11/07 at 01:53 PM Reply With Quote
The Discovery V8 pump assembly is telescopic and mounts in the top surface of the tank - you will need to fabricate a circular mounting ring. It adjusts itself to the depth of the tank and the pickup always remains on the bottom - unfortunately I havent got the measurements to hand but I would estimate that the depth can be between 250-300mm.

[Edited on 20-11-07 by RazMan] Rescued attachment Land Rover Discovery 4.0L V8 fuel pump assembly.jpg
Rescued attachment Land Rover Discovery 4.0L V8 fuel pump assembly.jpg

Cheers,
Raz

When thinking outside the box doesn't work any more, it's time to build a new box

matt_claydon

posted on 20/11/07 at 02:36 PM Reply With Quote
That thing looks amazing, wish I'd known about them when I did my EFI install! I presume the bit at the bottom is the swirl pot and is isolated from the fluid / air in the main tank?
RazMan

posted on 20/11/07 at 02:53 PM Reply With Quote
Yep, nice and easy to install - even the sender too.

Cheers,
Raz

MikeR

posted on 20/11/07 at 04:21 PM Reply With Quote
Also fitted to MGF's ......... and i think other MG's. Mate used to work for the company that designed & made them. When they cleared out the display cabinet it ended up in my garage instead of the bin (ready for the one day EFI project).
Paul TigerB6

posted on 23/11/07 at 06:25 PM Reply With Quote
Does anyone know what the specification is of the sender on this unit at all (ie what ohms is the sender)??
RazMan

posted on 23/11/07 at 11:22 PM Reply With Quote
I would imagine that it will be compatable with the majority of electronic dash modules. I just connected it to my Evodash with no problems anyway.

Cheers,
Raz

MikeR

posted on 27/11/07 at 09:26 PM Reply With Quote
keep reminding me - one day i'll get back into the garage (then i've got to move all sorts of rubbish to get into the attic space, then find the EFI box then i'll measure the resistance)

(ie don't hold your breath and keep reminding me )

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.