Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: weird oil pressure
stretch

posted on 6/12/07 at 07:21 AM Reply With Quote
weird oil pressure

so yesterday i top'd the oil in the kent (needed about 1.5l or oil) and gave the oil pressure send a few more turns in - because it had a slight leak

this morning i take the car out when it comes up to temp, on idle the pressure drops to nothing. pressure comes down a little bit as the engine revs down and at about .5bar when the car gets to below 1500rpm the needle just drops to the 'off' position.

any one have an idea of what the hell could be the cause of this?

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
procomp

posted on 6/12/07 at 08:46 AM Reply With Quote
Hi sound as though you have a large amount air in the feed pipe to the gauge. Worth checking that first if only to eliminate it from the list of possible causes.

Cheers Matt

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
stretch

posted on 6/12/07 at 09:44 AM Reply With Quote
hokay, i think i found the problem,

the pressure sender has 2 terminals on it

it causes problems if the connector on the gauge terminal is touching the warning light terminal

procomp

posted on 6/12/07 at 02:14 PM Reply With Quote
Hi AHH It's not a capillary type . I should have asked before typing

Cheers Matt

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.