Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: MAC#1 Factory website relaunched
m1moc

posted on 10/12/07 at 07:38 PM Reply With Quote
MAC#1 Factory website relaunched

MAC#1 Motorsports are very pleased to announce that you can now visit their new look website by visiting www.mac1motorsports.co.uk

Feel free to browse and compliment the developers on how awsome the new site looks

Many thanks go to the brilliant website development team and we look forward to receiving your comments and articles to continue to assist existing and future customers enjoy their car ownership even more.

.: www.m1moc.com | Drive responsibly | www.mac1motorsports.co.uk :.

jos

posted on 10/12/07 at 07:49 PM Reply With Quote
woo hoo - lookin good

.: Motorsport / motor racing circuit / track wall art Apex Traxs :.

piddy

posted on 10/12/07 at 08:11 PM Reply With Quote
Doesn't seem to be working correctly to me.
I get the heading at the top and a picture of a 7 but then a big space before seeing any text.

m1moc

posted on 10/12/07 at 08:19 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for that

Could you tell us which browser you are using & pc spec etc so we can investigate

twybrow

posted on 10/12/07 at 08:34 PM Reply With Quote
I get the same - IE6

And nothing to buy in the shop yet!

Confused but excited.

posted on 10/12/07 at 08:35 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by m1moc
MAC#1 Motorsports are very pleased to announce that you can now visit their new look website.........
......we look forward to receiving your comments

quote:
Originally posted by m1moc
Could you tell us which browser you are using & pc spec etc so we can investigate

Comment; Perhaps you might like to register as a trader.

Tell them about the bent treacle edges!

m1moc

posted on 10/12/07 at 08:44 PM Reply With Quote
MAC1 already are registered as a trader

mac1

posted on 10/12/07 at 08:44 PM Reply With Quote
Confused......MAC#1 Motorsports is registered as a Trader, M1MOC is the "non commercial" owners club FYI.

Thanks Jos and M1MOC for getting the feedback, we are working on the glitches, keep the constructive comments coming.

Cheers Guys

Mark

DarrenW

posted on 10/12/07 at 09:01 PM Reply With Quote
Looking good. Ive registered but dont know what advantages it gives. Are you planning a mini forum or owt like that?

Could i be so bold as to ask if its possible for the M1MOC site to open in a new window when you click the link at the top of the page? I didnt try other links to see if same happens. The bit in middle of site is perhaps a tad small for the links.

The shop is empty

piddy

posted on 10/12/07 at 09:02 PM Reply With Quote
Hi. using IE6 computer spec is Pentium 4 3 GHZ
piddy

posted on 10/12/07 at 09:05 PM Reply With Quote
Here's the error message
donut

posted on 10/12/07 at 09:05 PM Reply With Quote
Yeah very nice, looks much better than the old one

Andy

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/andywest1/

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
mac1

posted on 10/12/07 at 09:06 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by piddy
Hi. using IE6 computer spec is Pentium 4 3 GHZ

Hi

We have found there is a problem using IE6 - doesn't like css positioning! We are looking at fixing it shortly. It works fine in the latest version of IE as it is more standards compliant. Firefox and all the others work fine too.

Thanks for letting us know about the issue, feedback like this helps us to get it right for everyone.

Sam - Webmaster in Disguise

mac1

posted on 10/12/07 at 09:09 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by piddy
Here's the error message

Not one we have seen before. Could you email me with details of the page you were trying to access please. webmaster@mac1motorsports.co.uk

The scripts we use on the page all validate so far, so this is a confusing one. IE does sometimes bring up some surprising effects!

Sam - Webmaster in disguise

DarrenW

posted on 10/12/07 at 09:11 PM Reply With Quote
I was starting to wonder how Mac#1 had all of a sudden become so computer literate...... ha ha the secret is out.

Hi Sam. Nice to see you knocking some shape into those 2.

mac1

posted on 10/12/07 at 09:20 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DarrenW
Looking good. Ive registered but dont know what advantages it gives. Are you planning a mini forum or owt like that?

Could i be so bold as to ask if its possible for the M1MOC site to open in a new window when you click the link at the top of the page? I didnt try other links to see if same happens. The bit in middle of site is perhaps a tad small for the links.

The shop is empty

Hi Darren

Well... If you look at the web page Registering at the MAC#1 Site

It tells you all about the benefits of registering. It also means that you die hard MAC#1 fans can order from the shop - when I am able to put all the thousands of fantastic products on there (it takes time you know!) and registration makes it quicker and easier - just like some of the big online stores like Amazon.co.uk!

Glad you like the site so far. As for the owners club site, there is a direct link in the links section (and if there isn't, I'll go and put it in.....). This is the only page that works like this on the site.

Sam - webmaster in disguise

mac1

posted on 10/12/07 at 09:33 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by donut
Yeah very nice, looks much better than the old one

Our old website served us well.

Mark

DarrenW

posted on 10/12/07 at 10:03 PM Reply With Quote
M1MOC came up fine from links page. Couldnt access owners data and when i clicked on featured owners it put me back to home page. I cant get my head around if im liking the map or not. Probs OK if you live in a city but if you live in a small place might be a bit specific. Not sure how to suggest an improvement though. For some types of kit car it wont be an issue but with something as special and top rate as a Mac#1 it possibly could be.

The flaw in the plan ref registration improvements is that it relies on the registree reading the instructions

mac1

posted on 10/12/07 at 10:15 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
M1MOC came up fine from links page. Couldnt access owners data and when i clicked on featured owners it put me back to home page. I cant get my head around if im liking the map or not. Probs OK if you live in a city but if you live in a small place might be a bit specific. Not sure how to suggest an improvement though. For some types of kit car it wont be an issue but with something as special and top rate as a Mac#1 it possibly could be.

The flaw in the plan ref registration improvements is that it relies on the registree reading the instructions

Which map? is this on the M1MOC site?

Yeah, it does rely on reading it, but isn't that what you do with a website??????

when we gonna see you?

Sam

mac1

posted on 10/12/07 at 10:21 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mac1
quote:

Which map? is this on the M1MOC site?

Yeah, it does rely on reading it, but isn't that what you do with a website??????

when we gonna see you?

Sam

WOrked it out - Jos is updating the M1MOC site. He is probably working on it as you have been looking at it.

Sam

DarrenW

posted on 10/12/07 at 10:31 PM Reply With Quote
Ill hopefully be passing on Thursday.

Sorry yes - map is in M1MOC so maybe not for you to worry about at the mo. Main site is more important.

Ive just logged onto the main site. Then clicked to see my details, got message to say cant as im not logged on. Clicked the login button at top of page and it said i already was. Same happens on the submit a link button. Is it something ive done wrong or a glitch?

[Edited on 10/12/07 by DarrenW]

bigrich

posted on 10/12/07 at 10:34 PM Reply With Quote
does that to me aswell
just get this message

You are not authorised to view this resource.
You need to login. even though i'm logged in.
Still a nice site and with a little time and tweaking will be excellent

[Edited on 10/12/07 by bigrich]

A pint for the gent and a white wine/fruit based drink for the lady. Those are the rules

mac1

posted on 10/12/07 at 10:39 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Ill hopefully be passing on Thursday.

Sorry yes - map is in M1MOC so maybe not for you to worry about at the mo. Main site is more important.

Ive just logged onto the main site. Then clicked to see my details, got message to say cant as im not logged on. Clicked the login button at top of page and it said i already was. Same happens on the submit a link button. Is it something ive done wrong or a glitch?

[Edited on 10/12/07 by DarrenW]

No, you havn't done anything wrong. It is to do with the cache (ie memory of what the website is showing everyone) I am looking into the optimal settings for this bit.

My work is never done. The details it shows you are just your user name and email address at the mo. I am hoping to expand it so that authorised users can add their own news and stuff to the blog. For now, any content that you guys would like to add, email me what you would like to see and we'll get it on. You can add a link though when you are logged in - it works!! but you might need to enter your user name and password again, after you have registered the first time. I'll get it sorted.

Cheers

Sam

TimC

posted on 10/12/07 at 10:54 PM Reply With Quote
Why is there no mention of the Worx or Worx RR? Or have I missed it?

mac1

posted on 11/12/07 at 08:59 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TimC
Why is there no mention of the Worx or Worx RR? Or have I missed it?

These designs (and corresponding PDF brochures) will be posted to the site shortly. We'll let you know when they are ready.

Sam

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.