Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: legal protest action on the price of fuel
Ricks-9r

posted on 10/12/07 at 07:46 PM Reply With Quote
legal protest action on the price of fuel

http://www.petrolprices.com/blog/petrol-price-protests-planned-for-this-wednesday-86.html
Mr Whippy

posted on 10/12/07 at 07:54 PM Reply With Quote
Saturday 15th December 2007 at 10:00am

so then that'll have little or no effect...

Fame is when your old car is plastered all over the internet

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
bonzoronnie

posted on 10/12/07 at 08:05 PM Reply With Quote
Petrol prices

Petrol prices

I think you will find it will have an effect.

Possible election looming.

The government will do the same as they did last time.

2p a litre off of the duty.

The Petrol companies will say " Thanks very much, we'll have that". Up goes the pump price again.

Ronnie

blakep82

posted on 10/12/07 at 08:13 PM Reply With Quote
the thing is, these protests are to be held at refineries. I don't think thats the right place to protest. I would mind so much if £1.02 per litre was the actual price of petrol, because the petrol companies are actually putting in all the work to get petrol to us.

the real thing is the government sitting on thier fat asses stealing our money in taxes. thats what annoys me! protest outside downing street. stop the PM getting in his jag to travel 5mins down the road to parliament 3 days a week

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

Confused but excited.

posted on 10/12/07 at 08:20 PM Reply With Quote
Diesel here now £1.20/litre!

Tell them about the bent treacle edges!

TPG

posted on 10/12/07 at 08:34 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by blakep82
the thing is, these protests are to be held at refineries. I don't think thats the right place to protest. I would mind so much if £1.02 per litre was the actual price of petrol, because the petrol companies are actually putting in all the work to get petrol to us.

the real thing is the government sitting on thier fat asses stealing our money in taxes. thats what annoys me! protest outside downing street. stop the PM getting in his jag to travel 5mins down the road to parliament 3 days a week

I'll vote for you!!!
The petrol companies are by defintion,companies.In it to make money.Now I don't know the profit per gallon of fuel(Diesel/LPG/Petrol)they make,But i'd bet someone elses money it's eclipised by the tax.
Oz and Nz manage to sell it cheaper per gallon.The other side of the world,logisticlly miles away.How????Why can't we.Both places have similar life standards to us.....Thats why I want to move there.Run a V8.Nice.

..Which was nice..

blakep82

posted on 10/12/07 at 08:42 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TPG
quote:
Originally posted by blakep82

I'll vote for you!!!
The petrol companies are by defintion,companies.In it to make money.Now I don't know the profit per gallon of fuel(Diesel/LPG/Petrol)they make,But i'd bet someone elses money it's eclipised by the tax.
Oz and Nz manage to sell it cheaper per gallon.The other side of the world,logisticlly miles away.How????Why can't we.Both places have similar life standards to us.....Thats why I want to move there.Run a V8.Nice.

hmm, a vote eh? you do realise if i was PM, i'd be greedy too. fuel tax goes up to pay for my exotic holidays, my my sexy exotic mistresses, and trips to the titty bar where i'll have private dances all nice, drink nothing but the finest champagne, I'll also have a large collection of classic cars and new super cars. at the tax payers expense, obviously.

luckily i have no interest in being the PM or politics then eh? watching 'coast' on bbc last nite quatar (don't know the spelling... middle eastern country half the size of wales) has enough oil under it to supply gas to britain for 200 years. sound like there's plenty left to me!

petrol's only worth about 40p a litre or something

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

Paul TigerB6

posted on 10/12/07 at 09:52 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TPG

Fuel companies make bugger all (in comparrison to the overall scale of the petrochemical business) - about 1-2p per litre profit!! I know Shell make more from the forecourt shops that they own (at least they did when i worked for them 6 years back) than from fuel sales. Oil refiners make most of their money from the other dozens of chemicals they get from refining crude oil. Fair to say that petrol is pretty much a by-product in the overall scale of things - but the product that the public relate to hence the effort put into marketting it.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.