Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: the turbo shop
Fatboy Dave

posted on 18/12/07 at 06:12 PM Reply With Quote
Everything is insured, I learned that lesson the hard way. Only pisser is it takes so long to claim. Royal Mail is 20 working days for them to 'search' for it, then they'll decide the claim after. Shitty Link are equally poor. DHL (which ought to stand for Drop it Hide it Lose it) don't even get a look in when they lost a laptop a customer was returning to us and refused to believe the contents of the parcel.

TNT and UPS are just too expensive to use. Parcel2go is unreliable as it uses City Link. Fortunately my production costs are fairly low as I have a half decent margin, but the time it takes to make a manifold (and make all the associated parts) can't be measured in pounds unfortunately. A lost manifold is a pain, three lost out of one consignment sent at the same time creates a huge problem as I don't often keep that many of the same type in stock.

Dave

Stop the planet, I want to get off

PLEASE NOTE: This user is a trader who has not signed up for the LocostBuilders registration scheme. If this post is advertising a commercial product or service, please report it by clicking here.

skidmark

posted on 20/12/07 at 09:55 AM Reply With Quote
I've decided to hang on a bit longer for my manifold and bits now and intend to go and collect them in the new year if that's OK with Dave.

If anybody likes, I may be able to collect theirs as well and drop of on my way home (Portsmouth to South Norfolk) to avoid further postage issues?

triumphdave

posted on 20/12/07 at 10:09 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by skidmark
I've decided to hang on a bit longer for my manifold and bits now and intend to go and collect them in the new year if that's OK with Dave.

If anybody likes, I may be able to collect theirs as well and drop of on my way home (Portsmouth to South Norfolk) to avoid further postage issues?

If my bits dont turn up i will come with you if you want some company,you more or less have to go by my place to get there.I could get someone to drop me of on your route and we could share the petrol. I am sure Dave would love to see us to pick up the parts after all the trouble he is having with all the couriers and post office.

[Edited on 21/12/07 by triumphdave]

[Edited on 21/12/07 by triumphdave]

If you always do what you have always done you will always get what you have always got

skidmark

posted on 21/12/07 at 08:57 AM Reply With Quote
That sounds like a good plan! - any help with petrol costs and some company on the drive down would be appreciated.

I'll give anybody who's intersted a U2U ASAP in the new year when I know what day would be best (within the first week or so ideally).

It seems if you want something done properly, do it yourself! (bloomin courier companies!!). I'm sure we'll all be glad to have this sorted out!

DaveFJ

posted on 21/12/07 at 10:01 AM Reply With Quote
hmmmm... suffolk is kinda on route too....

Dave

"In Support of Help the Heroes" - Always

whitestu

posted on 21/12/07 at 12:53 PM Reply With Quote
I don't think I'll be able to come along, but will be happy to chip in for the petrol costs.

Stu

scootz

posted on 6/1/08 at 10:53 AM Reply With Quote
Bugger... wish I'd noticed this thread sooner!

I ordered stuff at the start of November and have received nothing to date.

I was told that the parcel had been sent out (!) in November and now communication has dried up.

DarrenW

posted on 10/1/08 at 11:48 AM Reply With Quote
Did everything get sorted out in the end?

DaveFJ

posted on 10/1/08 at 11:54 AM Reply With Quote
Darren - you have U2U

Dave

DaveFJ

posted on 10/1/08 at 12:58 PM Reply With Quote
Just had a call from Chris (Skidmark) and he has picked up manifold and is now driving back to east anglia with it!

[Edited on 10/1/08 by DaveFJ]

Dave

DarrenW

posted on 10/1/08 at 02:07 PM Reply With Quote
That is fantastic news.

Maybe its true what they say about fantastic engineers, ...... they dont always make the best business people.

DaveFJ

posted on 11/1/08 at 11:21 AM Reply With Quote
I now have my manifold

I guess the only thing stopping me being ready for Stoneleigh is me now!

Best I get my finger out and get this damn car working!

Dave

PerS

posted on 26/1/08 at 09:18 AM Reply With Quote
I ordered a Zetec flange in mid December and I´m still waiting

Per

scootz

posted on 11/2/08 at 09:13 AM Reply With Quote
Mid-December... that's nothing. I ordered in early November and still no product or refund!
boxprod

posted on 13/2/08 at 12:18 PM Reply With Quote
the turbo shop

I'm a total new boy on this site, but I'm glad I found it.
I'm converting a 35-year-old Ginetta to an EFI setup, and I ordered a set of DCOE manifold adapters and a spacer kit for K1 TBs from the Turbo Shop online site on 7th November, at a cost of £97.19.
Before Christmas I got a few emails from him giving a series of excuses why the goods haven't got to me, from the "lost in the post" version to his colleague breaking a leg snowboarding and leaving him with far too much to do.
Eventually (17th December) he offered me a refund, but I want the kit, not a refund, and since then I have had no response at all, despite my sending him several emails saying just that.
Despite what he claims, he has never given me any way of contacting him apart from email, and I'd almost given up when I found him on your site.
I wonder what he'll do with the email I've just sent him?

PerS

posted on 13/2/08 at 01:39 PM Reply With Quote
Hi!

Someone on www.audi-sport.net have used this site: http://www.who.is/whois-com/ip-addre...le-bodies.com/

and found this:

David Graham
17 Southampton Road
Fareham
PO16 7DZ

tel: 01392 312412
email: dave-graham2@ntlworld.com

Per

Per

scootz

posted on 16/2/08 at 09:37 PM Reply With Quote
He will probably bin it.

Offered me a refund as well, but... apparently my PayPal account wasn't working!!! This despite the fact that I also made a number of transactions on that day and PayPal told me it was working.

scootz

posted on 16/2/08 at 09:43 PM Reply With Quote
Cheers Per.

Number doesn't work.

triumphdave

posted on 18/2/08 at 10:55 AM Reply With Quote
Scootz and pers you have u2u

If you always do what you have always done you will always get what you have always got

Jenko

posted on 21/2/08 at 12:45 PM Reply With Quote
skidmark
whitestu
DaveFJ
boxprod
PerS
scootz
triumphdave

You all have PM....Please reply.....

scootz

posted on 21/2/08 at 06:58 PM Reply With Quote
Replied - count me in!
triumphdave

posted on 21/2/08 at 08:11 PM Reply With Quote
Me too

DarrenW

posted on 22/2/08 at 10:02 PM Reply With Quote
Sounds like your planning something. It has been mentioned that Dave is away for a few weeks (4?) so you may not be able to contact him.

Info has come to me 3rd hand so please dont shoot the messenger.

vinny1275

posted on 25/2/08 at 02:03 PM Reply With Quote
I'm still waiting after a month, and only sporadic contact from Dave when I've prodded. Latest one is that his business partner was supposed to have sent them, as Dave's away in Newcastle till March 17th - I've asked for either his bp's contact details, the tracking number for the parcel or a full refund.

BTW, the phone number eariler in the listing is wrong - 01392 is the code for Exeter, the one in the domain listing is 02392 312412. That doesn't seem to be a valid number tho, and 02392 doesn't cover Fareham, where he apparently lives....

Thanks,

Vince

vinny1275

posted on 26/2/08 at 08:27 AM Reply With Quote
Hi all,

Had an email from Dave last night, his business partner is his girlfriend, whose number he wouldn't give me - he's going to supply a refund for the spacer kit I ordered. He's also taken his site offline as he can't service the orders he's getting at the moment.

Thanks,

Vince

<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.