Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: sad
Mr Whippy

posted on 3/1/08 at 02:14 PM Reply With Quote
sad

Oh I feel miserable, the new job sucks big time, I’m still freezing (my hands are numb!!), this lot are in the dark ages as far as their systems are concerned, never even got my lunch cos the van didn’t turn up and there’s no coffee or tea. All I’ve got is one measly bit of chewing gum

Worse thing is I took this job over one that was only a grand less, what a major balls up.

Fame is when your old car is plastered all over the internet

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
02GF74

posted on 3/1/08 at 02:15 PM Reply With Quote
chewing gum? consider yourself lucky. I have to make do with a piece of elastic and mint toothpaste.
twybrow

posted on 3/1/08 at 02:16 PM Reply With Quote
What kind of work? If it is below 16C in your office, then you can bugger off home (I think)... There was a post a couple of weeks ago. As for lunch, bring a packed lunch and you wont have that problem!

mistergrumpy

posted on 3/1/08 at 02:18 PM Reply With Quote
Just try and think of he money. Can you not drag them into the modern day. Build your own empire so to speak?

Mr Whippy

posted on 3/1/08 at 02:24 PM Reply With Quote
don't know how cold it is but my hands are like ice, got the blinds shut but the radiators off. I told them a week before I left that is wasn't working, still not fixed.

If I'd known the van wouldn't turn up I would have packed something.

oh just don't like this job, it's pish. I have to take stuff out of excel and then retype it back in to excel, total madness! They just say 'well that's our system and that's how we do it here...' nutters the lot of them.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
thunderace

posted on 3/1/08 at 02:25 PM Reply With Quote
ITS NEVER TOO LATE TO CALL THE ONE YOU TURNED DOWN

quote:
Originally posted by Mr Whippy
Oh I feel miserable, the new job sucks big time, I’m still freezing (my hands are numb!!), this lot are in the dark ages as far as their systems are concerned, never even got my lunch cos the van didn’t turn up and there’s no coffee or tea. All I’ve got is one measly bit of chewing gum

Worse thing is I took this job over one that was only a grand less, what a major balls up.

Mr Whippy

posted on 3/1/08 at 02:26 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mistergrumpy
Just try and think of he money. Can you not drag them into the modern day. Build your own empire so to speak?

tried that, they just get very angry and start swearing down the phone, I'm not kidding

Yeah I might call them to see if the jobs still available, also going to call an old boss I got on with. He literally came to my house about a year ago to offer me a job and I turned him do, ahh! What an idiot

[Edited on 3/1/08 by Mr Whippy]

thunderace

posted on 3/1/08 at 02:27 PM Reply With Quote
or you could go and ask to see the top boss in the work and tell him your not happy and your work needs some improvements as its very outdated and your idears would save them loads of money.
Mr Whippy

posted on 3/1/08 at 02:33 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by thunderace
or you could go and ask to see the top boss in the work and tell him your not happy and your work needs some improvements as its very outdated and your idears would save them loads of money.

done that on just before I went on holiday, following my dads advice. Met with blank poker face and lack of interest. This company (I won't name it) I found out after I joined, does not have a good rep. Just shows it's worth checking up before hand, my mistake.

mistergrumpy

posted on 3/1/08 at 02:34 PM Reply With Quote
I know what you mean mate. I've changed things in my last two jobs and people get really pi55ed off with me but I just push on and copy the boss into the odd e mail of what I'm proposing. "Just because its always been done that way doesn't necessarily mean its right" A phrase I learnt from the RAF of all places who are very reluctant to change anything. Failing that, yeah I'd write a letter to the other place saying that you've now realised that they are a far more organised and professional company and you feel that you could make a difference there that would be beneficial to them and far more satisfying for you in the position.

thunderace

posted on 3/1/08 at 02:35 PM Reply With Quote
get out fast as you can

it will just do your head in big time if you stick it out.

MK Charlie

posted on 3/1/08 at 02:48 PM Reply With Quote
I feel your pain. Company I work for hire offices in an old mansion. Soo cold. I am also bored of my "job" as i was employed to be incharge of authorising maintenance on fleet vehicles, but all I have ever done is data entry!

[Edited on 3/1/08 by MK Charlie]

Mr Whippy

posted on 3/1/08 at 02:48 PM Reply With Quote
I wasn't going to come back after Christmas (after a particular bad spell on the phone...) but was talked out of it by my folks and friends who all said I should not walk out on a job. Wish I hadn't listened and according to my contract I have to give months notice!! I can barely last another day

You all probably think I’m just being overdramatic or I’m just a whinge but I’ve had hard work in the past (workshop labourer etc..) and never minded one bit.

I need out of here pronto.

iank

posted on 3/1/08 at 02:51 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
don't know how cold it is but my hands are like ice, got the blinds shut but the radiators off. I told them a week before I left that is wasn't working, still not fixed.

If I'd known the van wouldn't turn up I would have packed something.

oh just don't like this job, it's pish. I have to take stuff out of excel and then retype it back in to excel, total madness! They just say 'well that's our system and that's how we do it here...' nutters the lot of them.

That excel nonsense sounds like just the sort of thing that could be automated with a bit of simple programming unless the documents are created randomly according to the whim of the muppet doing it.

That way you could do the job in 20minutes and spend the rest of the day looking for something/somewhere better and pretending to be busy.

If you really don't want the job Jan/Feb is always a good time to start looking.

--
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Anonymous

Mr Whippy

posted on 3/1/08 at 03:13 PM Reply With Quote
I told them I could do it with macros and end up with better presented results, but I might have well insulted their wife’s. They are now requesting (telling) I send them everything, not just the progress reports graphs etc but all the worksheets as well so they can tell if I have changed anything, unbelievable idiots

MK Charlie

posted on 3/1/08 at 03:16 PM Reply With Quote
They sound like idiots. Best out of it in my opinion.
Mr Whippy

posted on 3/1/08 at 03:20 PM Reply With Quote
just got a job interview for next friday, freedom!!

r1_pete

posted on 3/1/08 at 04:30 PM Reply With Quote
Sounds like the company's bad rep is deserved, " the more you do what you've always done, the more you'll get what you've always got", in their case sounds like pissed of customers.

Paul TigerB6

posted on 3/1/08 at 06:51 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by thunderace
ITS NEVER TOO LATE TO CALL THE ONE YOU TURNED DOWN

Agreed - why not give them a call and see what they say??? I've done it myself in the past and even had the wages increased to match that of the "mistake" job.

blueshift

posted on 3/1/08 at 07:07 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
just got a job interview for next friday, freedom!!

I love a happy ending

let us know how it goes, good luck!

Confused but excited.

posted on 3/1/08 at 07:52 PM Reply With Quote
Meanwhile, get the tractor feed paper, a litter bin, a couple of accidentally broken chairs and hey presto! Heat in the office .

Tell them about the bent treacle edges!

Toady1

posted on 3/1/08 at 09:20 PM Reply With Quote
whats the line of work? oIm guessing its like admin.....
quinnj3

posted on 3/1/08 at 09:53 PM Reply With Quote
a quick note!

hi i recently changed my job. Was working in an abotoir as a maintenance electrician but quickly realised that most of the work was fixing the odd broken wire etc. Very little head scraching work soon gets you down. I pushed myself on to see if it would get any better and lasted a year. Things didn't get better, I just got stuck in a routine of about 60 hours a week. I learned as much as i could there and the experience will be with me for the rest of my electrical career. I left the company on good terms and i am now working as a panel builder, designer, programmer and commisioner. I now have so much energy at the end of the day even though the hours are similar, just because every day is not a struggle. If you are not happy with your job my advice is to get what you can in terms of experience out of it first before moving on. As soon as you find things becoming repetitive it is time to move on because you are no longer bettering yourself and wasting time that could be spent elsewhere.

my aim is to build my own locost wether it takes me a week or 10 years to get started, i'm sure i will sometime

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.