Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: indicator pods sva?
kev R1

posted on 14/1/08 at 11:34 PM Reply With Quote
indicator pods sva?

prob been covered before and i under stand the whole side view thing but has amyone passed sva with these? Rescued attachment cycle wing and indicators.jpg
Rescued attachment cycle wing and indicators.jpg

BenB

posted on 15/1/08 at 10:21 AM Reply With Quote
I passed with my indicators on the end of forwards pointing stalks to get through SVA....

SeaBass

posted on 15/1/08 at 12:40 PM Reply With Quote
I did but the headlight mount bar was very long for the SVA in order to pass... See here.

Somehow they shortened themselves after the SVA - must have been hit by that edge trim as it flew off...

angus.d

posted on 15/1/08 at 12:58 PM Reply With Quote
Kev R1

I really like what you are proposing and this is exactly what I want for my build eventually.
Not sure about the SVA requirement to be seen from the side ??? but Caterham have a small rectangular extra side repeator on the egde of the front cycle wing. They dont look great but would this get you through SVA and then consider to keep or remove afterwards ?

regards

Angus

Mark Allanson

posted on 15/1/08 at 09:04 PM Reply With Quote
Exactly what I passed with at Exeter, I did cover the screw holes with little circles cut from clear stonechip vinyl

If you can keep you head, whilst all others around you are losing theirs, you are not fully aware of the situation

NS Dev

posted on 15/1/08 at 10:16 PM Reply With Quote
I passed with them at notts. They can be tight on the viewing angle, but bear in mind that you can "swing them out" a tad if its close on the day.

You will also need to bung some edge trim on the edges round the back of them, i pushed it on anywhere it wasn't radiused, sure enough it fell off afterwards.

Retro RWD is the way forward...........automotive fabrication, car restoration, sheetmetal work, engine conversion retro car restoration and tuning

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.