Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: H.I.S.S YFITS
IDONTBELEIVEIT

posted on 18/1/08 at 06:50 PM Reply With Quote
H.I.S.S YFITS

CAN ANYBODY TELL ME WHAT THIS IS AND DO I NEED IT TO START MY 1999 EFI BLACKBIRD ENGINE FOR MY BEC THAT I THOUGHT I BROUGHT FOR THE BARGAIN PRICE OF £500 INC LOOM AIR BOX COILS THROTTLE BODIES BUT NO HISS CHEERS NOOBIE!!!!
Paul (Notts)

posted on 18/1/08 at 07:00 PM Reply With Quote
Dont know anything about it but could be this...

http://www.honda.co.uk/motorcycles/mc2003/cbr600rr/equipment.html

Paul

IDONTBELEIVEIT

posted on 18/1/08 at 07:10 PM Reply With Quote
CHEERS PAUL!!!!ANYBODY KNOW HOW EXPENSIVE THESE ARE AND WHERE YOU GET THEM FAE
Paul (Notts)

posted on 18/1/08 at 07:26 PM Reply With Quote
These may help..

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=65643&page=&contribmessage=none

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=49969

Paul

indykid

posted on 18/1/08 at 07:50 PM Reply With Quote
don't shout!

turns caps lock off!
tom

yorkshire-engines

posted on 18/1/08 at 08:37 PM Reply With Quote
Hi ok if its a 99 bird then this didnt have the hiss it came in late (dec 99)
easy way to check is there a pink wire in the connector that goes to ignition switch or is it in a separate connector
check engine number as £500 for a bird motor with efi as well is really a bargain ill have 10 of them if you get any more it may be a cb11 which is a lower powered version
cheers malc

Bitten hero

posted on 18/1/08 at 08:46 PM Reply With Quote
hI if its a hiss version i am gonna be giving you some serious bad news£1700 quid for all the stuff you need and there aint no way round it!!!!!!!!!! unless you go down the complete after market inj/ignition path sorry.( I know as i made the same mistake only mine was £750 -not £500!!!!)Even the race teams cannot get past it and they have the hiss stuff taped to the bike to make the engine run SORRY again!!!!!!!
Gary.
You need a new pair keys/new barrel and hiss rec/new ecu/then just for good measure need the honda garage to set the codes etc etc, very very very expensive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[Edited on 18/1/08 by Bitten hero]

[Edited on 18/1/08 by Bitten hero]

mark.s

posted on 18/1/08 at 09:21 PM Reply With Quote
if you want to leave caps-lock on ........we'll understand
Mr Whippy

posted on 19/1/08 at 01:46 AM Reply With Quote
can I just say I find this deeply disturbing Rescued attachment fly.gif
Rescued attachment fly.gif

Fame is when your old car is plastered all over the internet

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
TGR-ECOSSE

posted on 19/1/08 at 02:28 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by IDONTBELEIVEIT
CHEERS PAUL!!!!ANYBODY KNOW HOW EXPENSIVE THESE ARE AND WHERE YOU GET THEM FAE

Sorry i have not got a clue what you are on about but welcome. Where are you from because it looks like you are shouting in a Scottish accent "fae". Or if you are Scottish, whaur di ye bide?

TGR-ECOSSE

posted on 19/1/08 at 02:43 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mr Whippy
can I just say I find this deeply disturbing

Why does this disturb you Mr Whippy? Its a natural thing reproduction you know :

MB CUSTOMS

posted on 19/1/08 at 06:55 AM Reply With Quote
As the above post states the hiss system costs around £1,700 for the full set up,it is easy enough to get around the codes.
My advise would be to fit a stand alone ecu,might cost around the same,but would give a better set up,due to car weight/load etc,it would also be able to cope with any further tuning a lot better than a standard Honda system with power commander, if you went for a DTAs series ecu they are compatable with the honda timing pick up.

PLEASE NOTE: This user is a trader who has not signed up for the LocostBuilders registration scheme. If this post is advertising a commercial product or service, please report it by clicking here.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
IDONTBELEIVEIT

posted on 19/1/08 at 06:35 PM Reply With Quote
alright malc which is the good news pink wire in connector or seperate thanks wayno,the bloke i brought it of didnt really have much of a clue he said he let the E.C.U go for £80 it's definiteley a blackbird engine not really sure what year it is,maybe i'll be lucky and not need the HISS,how do you tell what year it is cheers again wayno
IDONTBELEIVEIT

posted on 19/1/08 at 10:36 PM Reply With Quote
can any body tell me how i can find out just what year my engine is the engine number is SC 35E 2204502 i would appreciate some help fellas apparently could be the difference between £170 and £1700 cheers wayno!!! ???
Bitten hero

posted on 19/1/08 at 11:23 PM Reply With Quote
hi again,
You need to go see a honda dealer and ask very very nicely if he could help you !!!!my one did and that confirmed the age.
he did tell me tho that if its a efi then its almost certain to be hiss eqipped.
do what i did flog the engine for as much as you can to sombody who has blown their engine up(very suss regarding no3 main bearing when running without a full dry sump system-another grand at least) and buy another make of engine-
gary.

timcrasher

posted on 20/1/08 at 04:57 PM Reply With Quote
Hi, Guys
I've been away from the forum for a while, after selling my MK Indy Zx9.
I logged on and was catching up, when I came across this post about H.I.S.S equipped ECUs.
I work in the motorcycle trade and have used a company called Track Electronics in the past. They can supply De-immobilised ECUs and wiring looms which get rid of all the junk you don't need on a car/ race bike. Thier web address is www.trackelectronics.co.uk.
I hope this helps
Cheers
Tim

Hellfire

posted on 20/1/08 at 06:48 PM Reply With Quote
A blast from the past. Nice to hear from you again Tim, hope you're keeping well...

Phil

timcrasher

posted on 20/1/08 at 08:10 PM Reply With Quote
Very well thank you, Phil.
My driving has improved alot too
Just started looking at the forum again as I am getting twitchy, and need a new project!!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.