Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Where to buy Megasquirt kits from?
bigandy

posted on 29/1/08 at 10:28 PM Reply With Quote
Where to buy Megasquirt kits from?

Evening folks.

I'm looking to buy various bits and bobs to get my 4a-ge engine with bike throttle bodies, fully megasquirted up, and I was just wondering if anyone can recommend a good supplier to use?

I'm still not entirerly sure what I am going to be buying, as at the moment all I know is that I want it to control both fuel and spark, and that it should work with a 4a-ge engine that has had the distributor blanked off (doesn't fit in my car!)

I do know that I am more than happy to build it myself, and I am keen to learn how to test it, set it up etc before it goes in the car.

Cheers
Andy

Dammit! Too many decisions....

Blackbird Rush

posted on 29/1/08 at 10:37 PM Reply With Quote
Got my bits from Bill Shurvinton

I'll U2U his address.

Ash.

[Edited on 29/1/08 by Blackbird Rush]

paulf

posted on 30/1/08 at 11:43 AM Reply With Quote
Agree either of the mentioned will give a good service , Dont buy from a company in the UK that advertises on ebay they sell overpriced poorly built units and recently self assembly units and give no proper back up if you have problems.You should be able to guess who if you look on there.
I had to sort out a friends ecu that was supposedly ready to fit and run it wasnt.
Paul

bigandy

posted on 3/3/08 at 09:09 PM Reply With Quote
Hey folks,

Just thought I would update this, I ended up buying a Megasquirt 2 full kit from DIYautotune in the US. Cracking service, and very helpful with the one query I had about the kit!

I also took the opportunity to buy a "JimStim" kit too. Well, with a name like that, you have to really don't you?!

The kit has been built up, and is working perfectly too, so I'm happy! Just need to finish the car now to put it in

Cheers
Andy

Dammit! Too many decisions....

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.