Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Sierra Rear Wheel Cylinder
Nosbod

posted on 29/1/08 at 11:06 PM Reply With Quote
Sierra Rear Wheel Cylinder

Hi,

Something that i have just noticed on my MK rear brakes is that the wheel cylinder isn't at the 12 o'clock position, but more like the 10 o'clock position.

I can't see how it can be any other way due to where the holes are in the hub carrier. I'm now wondering if i got the wrong carriers with my kit - are they different for the disc version? or will it be ok as is.

Thanks in advance,

Chris.

DarrenW

posted on 29/1/08 at 11:10 PM Reply With Quote
Looks fine to me? Can you route the pipe OK?

MkIndy7

posted on 29/1/08 at 11:17 PM Reply With Quote
Looks a bit strange to me.. I thought the Backplates would only go on 1 way due to the 2 bottom holes through the bearing carrier and the back plate being further apart than the top 2.

Unless they've started to do it differently so its easier to get the brake pipes onto the cylinder, which could be quite likely and a sencible thing really!.

[Edited on 29/1/08 by MkIndy7]

bill132hotrod

posted on 29/1/08 at 11:18 PM Reply With Quote
Wheel cyllinder

Hi there your wheel cylinders are fine what it is the new hub carriers are designed to take disc's or drums amd this is the way it should be, imjust stating a velocity build and mine are the same i can assure you its ok Regards BILL.
Nosbod

posted on 29/1/08 at 11:19 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

Looks fine to me? Can you route the pipe OK?

Well that's what made me realise. I can route the pipe fine and couldn't see the need for the short copper pipe which is supposed to go from the cylinder to the flexi, so came on here for a look and saw most others had the cylinder at 12 o'clock.

[Edited on 29/1/08 by Nosbod]

bill132hotrod

posted on 29/1/08 at 11:27 PM Reply With Quote
Also i had to move my brake pipe brackets for the flexi hose ,and screwed the s/s flexi hose into the bottom hole in the wheel cylinder and then the bleed nipple goes in the top hole, when bleeding brakes air rises to the top .= neater job as well does away with silly little copper pipe extension.
02GF74

posted on 30/1/08 at 09:52 AM Reply With Quote
brake cylinder is hydraulic and has springs to draw back the shoes - even wit the small difference gravity may have on the arrangeemtn. it will work no matter at which o'clock position it is mounted in.

only difference may be when bleeding and gettig air trapped but that should be easily overcome.

[Edited on 30/1/08 by 02GF74]

Nosbod

posted on 30/1/08 at 04:45 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for all the advice guys, i'll leave as is then.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.