Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Careers in composites?
Delinquent

posted on 3/2/08 at 01:38 PM Reply With Quote
Careers in composites?

I'm thoroughly sick of working in a suit at a computer, dealing with pedantic idiots all day (and have been for some time) so I'm trying to think of alternative careers. Being that I really enjoy playing with composites I was wondering if this is something to consider.

Anyone know what sort of opportunities are out there for someone with no formal qualifications and what the earnings prospects are like?

Alternatively if you could give next weeks lotto jackpot numbers...

caber

posted on 3/2/08 at 01:50 PM Reply With Quote
Slow down! I'm older than you and need the Lotto numbers before you get them! I desperately need to get early retirement so I can do all those projects I have wanted to all my life!!!!
Caber

pathfinder

posted on 3/2/08 at 02:03 PM Reply With Quote
Lola are just up the road from me and always seem to be recruiting/expanding in this field, long hours for shop floor work but good scope to progress and I guess your computer knowledge could be re applied as you worked your way through the ranks. Think there wages are competitive but not great!

If your not happy with what your doing make a move

rusty nuts

posted on 3/2/08 at 02:23 PM Reply With Quote
Spotted that Lola wanted laminators in our local paper a couple of weeks ago, could be interesting?
Delinquent

posted on 3/2/08 at 04:15 PM Reply With Quote
Shame they aren't a bit closer!

Course I suppose that's something else I should look into, just how many companies there are around here that do this type of thing!

I know that a company down the road do a lot of the composite work for a certain unpronounceable unspellable motoring manufacturer (koeninenineninesegegggggg). Wonder if employees can take bodyshells home...

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.