Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Suggestion: Problem solving photo archive
eznfrank

posted on 13/2/08 at 03:04 PM Reply With Quote
Suggestion: Problem solving photo archive

Not sure if this would be feasible but how about an option to hyperlink photos from an archive into a specific problem area section.

So for example, anyone looking for rear brake assembly on an MK Indy could click the link and see all photos that have been posted which cover that area?

Hammerhead

posted on 13/2/08 at 03:10 PM Reply With Quote
I think that it would be a problem because people don't label their photos that diligently.

Another option would be to categorise the photo archive section into manufacturers. MK, MNR, Mac1 etc and locost. That way we could browse photos that have relevance to our cars.

Mr Whippy

posted on 13/2/08 at 03:12 PM Reply With Quote
I wouldn't get your hopes up as few requests for improvements in the site seem to be implemented; I guess that Chris has a limited number of options he can use to set it up.

Fame is when your old car is plastered all over the internet

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
iscmatt
Contributor

Posts 1929
Registered 30/3/06
Location York

Photo Archive Go!
Building: - BUILT - 2.0 pinto indy, Kent Cam, zzr1100 carbs

posted on 13/2/08 at 03:14 PM Reply With Quote
this sounds like a good idea?

how would it be done though? would you upload the picture and then type some tag words like you do when uploading video to YouTube? so if someone searches that word it will come up with (hopefully) lots of photos.

If people tagged relevant words to their photo it would work

Its a good idea...

Hammerhead

posted on 13/2/08 at 03:22 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by iscmatt
this sounds like a good idea?

how would it be done though? would you upload the picture and then type some tag words like you do when uploading video to YouTube? so if someone searches that word it will come up with (hopefully) lots of photos.

If people tagged relevant words to their photo it would work

Its a good idea...

It's a great idea, but relies on people tagging their pics properly - not sure this would work in reality. Also would have to explain it to noobies. I think archiving our usernames by manufacturer in the photo archive would be easier.

eznfrank

posted on 13/2/08 at 03:25 PM Reply With Quote
Perhaps if it can't be done so easy in this site we could set up a photobucket (or similar) group, but I guess this is open to abuse?

Or a wiki site (like wetpaint.com) allows multiple authors if invited by the creator??

Miks15

posted on 13/2/08 at 03:51 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

It's a great idea, but relies on people tagging their pics properly - not sure this would work in reality. Also would have to explain it to noobies. I think archiving our usernames by manufacturer in the photo archive would be easier.

I personally think this would work because isnt the reason everyone is on this sight to a. get help from fellow builders and b. to help others.
'So for people to get the most out of it i think its not too much to ask for them to do that.

dmottaway

posted on 13/2/08 at 04:36 PM Reply With Quote
used to be a "loco wiki" but it has apparently died from neglect. tried to post its url, but that goes nowhere, now.

maybe somebody smarter than I can re-establish it.

dave

oops. try this:

http://www.carbuilders.info/pages/Home_Page

[Edited on 13/2/08 by dmottaway]

Somewhere, in Texas, a village is missing its idiot.

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.