Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Newby with velocity xt
jimbo-jones

posted on 15/2/08 at 10:32 PM Reply With Quote
Newby with velocity xt

Hey guys i have know the site ha existed for a while now, but just havent had time to get anything sorted. Now i have a bit of time i will post some pics and info on my car. I got i through the sva on the 23rd of august last year. The day before my 20th birthday. So a good birthday present. The car is running a fully rebuilt and blueprinted 2.0 c20xe on twin 45 webbers. It was rolling roaded at 216bhp at the fly wheel. I was so pleased with that. Me and my dad spent a long while to get the car how we wanted, and we are very pleased with it and love it to bits. I managed to get a thousand miles on it last year to run the engine in. Im so looking foward to this summer. Unfortunately the gearbox sprung a leak, so at the mo the engine and box is out of the car. Ive just brought a new SBD 100mm sump and pick up, 4 pot hi-spec brake calipers, new rev counter, rev limiter, and carb filters. Will get some pics of this process and post them up. But heres some pictures from last summer hope u like it and all comments welcome.

Miks15

posted on 15/2/08 at 10:36 PM Reply With Quote
Welcome to the site Im fairly new and love it already im sure you will too.
mind you im no expert on the matter but that looks sweet!!!
and with 200+ BHP i bet that thing flies!!!
Bet it sounds good too

rjs

posted on 15/2/08 at 11:04 PM Reply With Quote
That looks really good & welcome .
where abouts are you ?

richard thomas

posted on 16/2/08 at 09:00 AM Reply With Quote
Lovely looking build, mate - maybe see you at a show or two ths year.....welcome to the forum!

jollygreengiant

posted on 16/2/08 at 09:19 AM Reply With Quote
Welcome to the mad house young man. You certainly seem to have taken some care and pride in your build. Where abouts are you and will we have the pleasure of your company at any shows this year.?

JGG

Beware of the Goldfish in the tulip mines. The ONLY defence against them is smoking peanut butter sandwiches.

rusty nuts

posted on 16/2/08 at 10:07 AM Reply With Quote
Very nice, welcome .As already said will we see you at any shows?

PS Don't park next to mine , it'll show mine up!

andybod

posted on 16/2/08 at 12:57 PM Reply With Quote
hi mate and welcome hope my finish is some where near that when i finally get round to doing a bit more on it , looks well finished nice example atb andy
jimbo-jones

posted on 16/2/08 at 02:01 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for all the comments. Im so pleased with it, and im just trying to fine tune bits at the mo. Like most people, it ended up costing more than expected but it was well worth it. Its quite nippy its shown a few things up all ready. I would like to bring it to some shows this year. Would be nice to meet some of u people and share some experiences. Im from norfolk.

I just realised the pic of the engine bay is a old one, as ive removed all the red hoses, as they looked a bit tacky and it was on twin 48's. I down sized to 45's as it wouldnt run at low revs.

Does any body know of a windowscreen that will fit, as i dont like the one from luego? Would like a screen so i dont have to wear a helmet.

RK

posted on 16/2/08 at 02:27 PM Reply With Quote
very very nice car!
piddy

posted on 16/2/08 at 05:45 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

Its quite nippy its shown a few things up all ready

I bet it does with that sort of BHP.
Very nice looking Velocity.
If your not aware I run a Kit car club based in Norfolk.
Bring it along it would be great to see.

neilj37

posted on 16/2/08 at 09:06 PM Reply With Quote
Don't bother with a windscreen it will only slow the car down. Get a deflector and wear a helmet or buy some Wiley X sun glasses.
jimbo-jones

posted on 17/2/08 at 01:06 PM Reply With Quote
im in 2 minds what to do with the windowscreen. I think they look nicer with a deflector plate, but a screen is a bit more practical. Only being 20 i like the attention and with a helmet on no one can see me.

When are your meets in norfolk, i would like to come along when i get the lump and box back in. I found the oil leak to be coming from the front cover on the box and leaking into the bell housing and i didnt want it to mess up my AP racing 4 paddle clutch. So thought i best get it sorted before the summer.

Steve Lovelock

posted on 25/2/08 at 09:42 PM Reply With Quote
Looks like a great Velocity, well done.

Do you have any photos of the boot covering as that looks interesting too?

Regards
Steve

jimbo-jones

posted on 26/2/08 at 08:13 PM Reply With Quote
i dont at the mo, but i will get some sorted and post them on here. Its covered in mirror stainless.
jimbo-jones

posted on 21/5/08 at 06:15 PM Reply With Quote
hey people it good to be back, ive had alot of problems with my password and log in. Just got it sorted though. I thought i would do a update of where the car is at the mo. I got all the engine out and fixed the oil leak from the gearbox. While it was out i fitted a SBD shallow sump and my new rev counter. I went on holiday and then came back to some sunshine so decided to take the car for a spin, sadly it put a conrod through the block smashed 2 pistons and made a mess. But a couple of weeks on and a new fully rebuilt engine to the same spec plus some hi-spec 4 pot brakes, has put a smile back on my face

jimbo-jones

posted on 21/5/08 at 06:16 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Lovelock
Looks like a great Velocity, well done.

Do you have any photos of the boot covering as that looks interesting too?

Regards
Steve

hope this helps a bit mate, i forgot to take a proper picture, but will do.

Gazza

posted on 26/5/08 at 08:54 PM Reply With Quote
I had the same dilema when I was building mine. Decided to go with an aero screen and purchased a Fluke Motorsport carbon screen. Fits a treat.
I just tend to wear some eye protection (usually sun glasses) for short blats and a helmet if I'm going any distance!

[Edited on 26/5/08 by Gazza]

Just a bag o' rusty spanners

darrens

posted on 26/5/08 at 09:25 PM Reply With Quote
wow!!!! tha needs sunglasses to see that, how long did you spend cleanin!!!!!

looks good tho.

jimbo-jones

posted on 26/5/08 at 10:46 PM Reply With Quote
yeah i think im going to go with a carbon wind deflector. Least i now know where to get one from that fits

As for the cleaning, it just had a quick wash and dry and that was it. Think the red just makes it look so fresh. Hopefully will see some of you at the next meet, now my engine is sorted

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.