Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: legal advice
rjs

posted on 15/2/08 at 11:02 PM Reply With Quote
legal advice

Anyone on here know anything about family law ??
My ex wife wants to move with her new boy friend nearly 200 miles away & taking my 2 kids with them , i have them after school every other day & weekends . so i want to know what i can do about it ?
i,ve phoned my solicitors but cant get in untill the end of the week .

coozer

posted on 15/2/08 at 11:34 PM Reply With Quote
They can move where they want.

I wish my ex would bugger off 200+ miles away instead of 2 streets away and take 'my' kids with her...

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

DarrenW

posted on 15/2/08 at 11:39 PM Reply With Quote
Is your access all legal through the courts or just an amicable agreement? I hope you dont have to travel to pick them up.

Probs best to wait for sols advice and not torture yourself over it until Monday. What a horrid position you are facing. I hope it works out well for you.

tomblyth

posted on 16/2/08 at 07:09 AM Reply With Quote
I have a friend who cant move because the x has a right to decisions effecting the education of the kids, he does not want them to move school before their exams and the court agrees...
speedyxjs

posted on 16/2/08 at 08:46 AM Reply With Quote
As said, i would have thought she would have to wait till after the kids have finished at school. What age are your kids?

How long can i resist the temptation to drop a V8 in?

Hellfire

posted on 16/2/08 at 09:16 AM Reply With Quote
How old are your kids and how do they feel about moving 200 miles away?

They are the ones that will be most affected by your ex wifes decision..........

Phil

rjs

posted on 16/2/08 at 01:08 PM Reply With Quote
thanks for your replies .
my kids are 6 and 8 neither of them want to move away from friends , family or school . thats what they have told me anyway .

ravingfool

posted on 16/2/08 at 03:35 PM Reply With Quote
As mentioned by tomblyth and speedyxjs it is possible in some cases to at least delay a move like the one your ex wants to do until children are older/ out of school etc. Unfortunately it depends on the circumstances and will cost money.

Your solicitor will be able to advise you best.

Best of luck in a difficult situation.

owelly

posted on 16/2/08 at 04:51 PM Reply With Quote
A work colleague of mine was facing a similar thing. He picked the kids up from school every day and his ex picked them up when she had finished work at 8pm. He had then every other weekend. It was all working fine until his ex got another job at the other side of the country.
It went to court and it was decided that if she moved away, she had to bring the kids to him every weekend and then collect them after. He eventually put in for a residency order for the kids. She moved back to stop the kids from leaving!!
I hope it all works out.

http://www.ppcmag.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.