Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Other bodies?
caber

posted on 3/3/08 at 12:00 AM Reply With Quote
Other bodies?

I know this subject has been well aired. I was wondering how easy it would be to fit a Fury or Phoenix body to a locost chassis, failing this are there any other kit car closed wheel designs that could be easily adpted?

TIA

Caber

PAUL FISHER

posted on 3/3/08 at 12:12 AM Reply With Quote
The WLR can be fitted on a Indy chassis. Rescued attachment wlr.jpg
Rescued attachment wlr.jpg

scotty g

posted on 3/3/08 at 07:44 PM Reply With Quote
The old tiger Storm moulds were bought last year and were being modified to fit a Locost chassis.

scotty g

posted on 3/3/08 at 07:45 PM Reply With Quote
The front was going to be changed to a removable/flip front and also get a restyle at the same time.

Benzine

posted on 3/3/08 at 08:07 PM Reply With Quote
Does anyone know the fibreglass/resin costs for a bodyshell like the ones above? Very rough ballpark figure?
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
scotty g

posted on 4/3/08 at 05:48 PM Reply With Quote
i would think that something like the above could be done at a retail cost of about £1,500.
Benzine

posted on 4/3/08 at 07:16 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by scotty g
i would think that something like the above could be done at a retail cost of about £1,500.

retail cost? Do you mean that's the price it'd sell for? I was wondering how much the materials would cost if i were to make something of a similar size myself. Thanks for any info

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
DIY Si

posted on 4/3/08 at 07:33 PM Reply With Quote
Whilst being built on a slightly different chassis, with a little modding, the Epona shell is supposed to fit, although how much work will be required is yet to be seen.
Rogue Se7ens

posted on 5/3/08 at 03:07 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Benzine
Does anyone know the fibreglass/resin costs for a bodyshell like the ones above? Very rough ballpark figure?

I would guess the body would weigh around 100 pounds, so hand laying with mat would take around 5 gallons of resin ($100.00 US) and 25 yards of mat ($35.00). This would be a very rough guess, but you can see that materials wouldn't be bad, I spend around $150.00 to $175.00 on materials to lay up a Cobra body.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.