Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Fat Chance
speedyxjs

posted on 12/3/08 at 07:49 AM Reply With Quote
Fat Chance

Linky

How long can i resist the temptation to drop a V8 in?

02GF74

posted on 12/3/08 at 08:16 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
But why does the Chancellor need this extra revenue?

quote:
£5 billion cost to British taxpayers of the Iraq war so far, and the £1 billion spent to date on the British deployment in Afghanistan.

FFS = surely we should be getting free petrol for that?

Richard Quinn

posted on 12/3/08 at 08:35 AM Reply With Quote
With all the doom and gloom on there, despite the 2p increase, I think I'm going to get a 3 litre plus petrol engined company car next. There's no point in saving it in this country if others will just use it anyway!
r1_pete

posted on 12/3/08 at 08:47 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Richard Quinn
With all the doom and gloom on there, despite the 2p increase, I think I'm going to get a 3 litre plus petrol engined company car next. There's no point in saving it in this country if others will just use it anyway!

Must admit thats my view now, no mortgage, no loans, kids all left home I can afford the guzzlers - Sod em!

The one thing this lousy government will not admit is that the working population can no longer afford to keep the non working population, and will raise revenues by whatever methods, hiding behind whatever propaganda they can.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Richard Quinn

posted on 12/3/08 at 09:37 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by r1_pete
quote:
Originally posted by Richard Quinn

Must admit thats my view now, no mortgage, no loans, kids all left home I can afford the guzzlers - Sod em!

The one thing this lousy government will not admit is that the working population can no longer afford to keep the non working population, and will raise revenues by whatever methods, hiding behind whatever propaganda they can.
Well, I still have a mortgage and my kids are still at home. I have a reasonably well paid job but all the money disappears anyway. I am changing my job the week after next and will be earning slightly more and I also get to choose a new company car with no constraints other than value. Up to recently I have been reasoning with myself that, because I'm building a BEC I really don't need a 250bhp company car. Now I think I do!

[Edited on 12/3/08 by Richard Quinn]

coozer

posted on 12/3/08 at 09:53 AM Reply With Quote
Reading the replys on the blog I cant believe there are people who see the price of fuel as cheap or a necessary evil.

Its pure greed by this government but beware! voting them out is probably not the answer.. remember the the last tory government when Thatcher started the present persecution of the common man. I lost my house when the mortgage rate went up to 17% and the payments were more than my wages...

There's no fight left in this country, we get walked all over, maybe it is time for change but its not labour or tory or what ever it's a wholesale shift in attitude we need. The people need a real say in how our live is run.

Its decades of decline and Thatcher was the start. Hope she burns in hell.

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

woodster

posted on 12/3/08 at 10:18 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by coozer

There's no fight left in this country, we get walked all over, maybe it is time for change but its not labour or tory or what ever it's a wholesale shift in attitude we need. The people need a real say in how our live is run.

well said the ruling class has lost touch with the working man

[Edited on 12/3/08 by woodster]

[Edited on 12/3/08 by woodster]

Benzine

posted on 12/3/08 at 10:24 AM Reply With Quote
quote:

Nah, she helped invent soft ice cream.

Cromwell had the right idea but nobody has any balls anymore

[Edited on 12/3/08 by Benzine]

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
speedyxjs

posted on 12/3/08 at 10:39 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Benzine
quote:

How long can i resist the temptation to drop a V8 in?

jobsagooden

posted on 12/3/08 at 10:47 AM Reply With Quote
The Consequences

I've been in Business for myself for 8 years now employ 15 full time staff and 40 temps and various stages throughout the year. Fuel prices have made by costs go up from all suppliers as they have to deliver and manufacture etc which means I now have to put my prices up however with the internet (i'm in printing) people can now get cheap jobs from abroad and shipped over. There was always this factor and we diversified and competed but it's not possible now the paper mills are closing in this country with masses of job losses.

We're luck the last few years have been good to us so I can keep it going for a while and hope for some light at the end of the tunnel but unfortunately I feel the company and it's jobs are going to go and I can blame nearly all of it on fuel prices.

There we go I don't normally make excuses for what might become failure but I think this time I'm justified.

Rant Over.

HAL 1
Builder

Posts 226
Registered 5/2/06
Location bolton

Photo Archive Go!
Building: Built haldane 100, retirement project Marcos GT

posted on 12/3/08 at 12:58 PM Reply With Quote
I'm a painter and decorator who was made redundant 2 weeks before xmas, job seekers allowance is about £60 per week, no kids, house paid for, mrs hal works = no social service cash, fair enough we can manage, but if anyone out there knows where i can carry on in my trade for the rate of pay set by the party's involved £9.72p per hour then lead the way, if you look on the jobseekers website you can find jobs paying as little as £6.00 in London, for tradesmen, however who is going to take those when you can sometimes get far more than that when claiming benefits ?

my own position is that this is the first time i've been out of work for more than 4 weeks in 35 years of working, the last time was when thatcher got in power !
rant over

McLannahan

posted on 12/3/08 at 01:04 PM Reply With Quote
Well he's put it off until October...

There's a slight saving but it'll hit us without a doubt. Probably hidden underneath some other tax.

Thanks Labour...Making this country such a joy to live in... cough.

02GF74

posted on 12/3/08 at 02:00 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Benzine
quote:

Cromwell had the right idea but nobody has any balls anymore

Didn't he ban Christams? not sure I'd like that.

Benzine

posted on 12/3/08 at 02:02 PM Reply With Quote
Yeah, like I said... the right idea
jono_misfit

posted on 12/3/08 at 06:00 PM Reply With Quote
And there was me thinking the political parties were there to give us a voice and do what we the masses would like.

Seems like they are their to justify their existance and persicute us in any way they see fit.

I wouldnt object to paying all this tax (upfront and hidden) if we actually got what we deserved back, like and NHS that worked propperly and a police force that looked into serious crimes and did something.

Im just waiting for the ecconomy to come to a shuddering crunch, the housing market to collapse, and everything else to go tits up.

DIY Si

posted on 12/3/08 at 06:08 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jono_misfit
And there was me thinking the political parties were there to give us a voice and do what we the masses would like.

Ha, who told you that?! It's not been that way for years. Although I can feel the start of a slippery slope coming on......

JoelP

posted on 12/3/08 at 08:48 PM Reply With Quote
chris mason for PM

also, extra import duty to help keep manufacturing in the UK.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.