Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Sorry...Diff oil again
paulmw

posted on 22/3/08 at 01:09 PM Reply With Quote
Sorry...Diff oil again

I have a Sierra 3.62 LSD. I know the LSD unit is sealed and it can take normal diff oil

However, I cant get the plug out of the back of the diff and wondered if I could put the oil into the breather pipe

If so I dont know ho much to put in and if I over fill it will this cause a problem?

Thanks Paul

stevec

posted on 22/3/08 at 01:15 PM Reply With Quote
May be you could make a dipstick out of welding rod or stiff wire. Then measure the height of the plug from the base.
I think they hold just over 1ltr.
Steve.

viatron

posted on 22/3/08 at 01:46 PM Reply With Quote
I had the same issue and in the end welded a bolt into the recess in the top up plug and "beasted" it out, refilled and fitted a new one with lots of copaslip and new fibre washer.

[Edited on 22-3-2008 by viatron]

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
jacko

posted on 22/3/08 at 02:27 PM Reply With Quote
I had the same .
I made a slot across the plug with a cutting disc in a mini grinder then used a flat bar to undo the plug

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
itiejim

posted on 22/3/08 at 02:40 PM Reply With Quote
They hold just under 1 litre according to the book in Halford - I'm sure a litre would be fine.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.