Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Caught up with an old friend - the Indy
SyKaTurbo

posted on 7/4/08 at 05:24 PM Reply With Quote
Caught up with an old friend - the Indy

Over the weekend I decided to have a garage clear out as I have been stacking junk in there and realised I hadn't touched the kit car for 5 months.

I had some problems with my Audi's Air Ride setup and since then I just haven't wanted to do anything on the cars and then a few days before Xmas I was made redundant so it nearly got sold then to cover the cost of being out of work for a month. But lately I have been having some good car luck with my new Golf cabby and seeing the car made me want to have a play with it so I did a few little bits and think i'm going to try finish it and use it a little rather than it be sat there. Luckily my new job is working with modified VW's so bits are easy enough to come by for it as the boss lets me get all my personal bits at cost.

Its been pretty tough going but I'm glad I kept it and got the buzz back a little for it. I just want to use it now though lol. I will have to cut back on some fancy bits I wanted but as i'm building it for a bit of a toy i'm not really fussed if its not mint.

Also big thanks to Richard K for knocking me up a couple of little bits of pipe. There isn't this level of helpfulness and kindness towards total strangers on the VW forums I have come accross. Its a really good thing to be part of.

MikeR

posted on 7/4/08 at 06:01 PM Reply With Quote
i almost completed my pedal box at hte weekend. Only a couple of years after starting!!!!

Sat in the car, pressing the clutch (lots of times) and realised how fantastic the little car I'VE made is. Smiled for the next couple of hours.

RichardK

posted on 7/4/08 at 09:04 PM Reply With Quote
No problem mate, you were just lucky you caught me on a Sunday, I'm a right prat the rest of the week

Regards

R

Gallery updated 11/01/2011

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.