Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: zx10r fuel return
bobs bangers

posted on 14/4/08 at 09:08 PM Reply With Quote
zx10r fuel return

Plumbing my ZX10R in and It looks like I might need a filterking or similar device ? How did the zx10R owners install theirs. Im not using a zx10 bike pump. The engine is a 2007 model year. Any help and advice appreciated.

Regards

Bob

bigrich

posted on 14/4/08 at 09:16 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Bob

The zx10r doesnt have a return line. the stoch pump regulates inside the tank at approx 43psi.
If you using an external pump i would fit a FSE type regulator at the rear next to the pump/tank and just run one line to the front.
although being a hard up yorkshire man i went for a zx6r pump in the tank for 15 quid from the bay of E.

A pint for the gent and a white wine/fruit based drink for the lady. Those are the rules

bigrich

posted on 14/4/08 at 09:20 PM Reply With Quote
You will need something similar to this

http://www.fuelsystem.co.uk/pbv.htm

Rich

A pint for the gent and a white wine/fruit based drink for the lady. Those are the rules

PAUL FISHER

posted on 14/4/08 at 09:21 PM Reply With Quote
To be honest Bob your better off using the original bike pump,and mount it in the base of the fuel tank,it has a built in regulator,built in fuel level warning sensor,and you only have to run a single fuel pipe up to the engine,no return pipe required,also you no its going to run at the correct pressure,43psi by the way,if you do choose your option

Wish I could type faster

[Edited on 19/05/04 by PAUL FISHER]

bobs bangers

posted on 14/4/08 at 09:33 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks guys . I will need to look into this !! I just fitted the sender supplied by mnr. This is where it gets a bit too technical for me.

Regards

Bob

paulmw

posted on 15/4/08 at 07:29 AM Reply With Quote
As above. I had MK engineering fit the ZX10r pump into the tank when he made it. Only one fuel line required and a simple install

Paul

bobs bangers

posted on 15/4/08 at 07:08 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks Rich.Paul Fisher and Paul M W. I was all set to rip out the tank and revert to bike equipment. However Malc @ yorkshire engines has come up with a plan. Would you believe that a 1979 opel manta fuel pressure regulator will do the job. Its a bosch part so should be reasonably available. Roughly £37

Thanks again Guys

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.