Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Barkston Heath
brynhamlet

posted on 17/4/08 at 07:41 PM Reply With Quote
Barkston Heath

I’ve booked a provisional place on the 3rd may at Barkston Heath track day. But does anybody have any idea what facilities I might expect. I’m thinking fuel, oil, etc. I only live about 15 miles from Grantham, in Newark, so wifey is willing to cart my 2 20lt jerry cans down for me and it’s close enough to risk no tools barring the basics.
I would also love to know exactly were it is so I can go and do some sort of quick look over before I go

PAUL FISHER

posted on 17/4/08 at 08:02 PM Reply With Quote
I was looking at this one,its with Javelin,looks like they have change the format though from there normal track day,looks like its a drag/drift day,should be good fun though.Ideal place to get a feel for your new car I would say

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=86814

[Edited on 19/05/04 by PAUL FISHER]

bjw970s

posted on 17/4/08 at 08:02 PM Reply With Quote
Its our track

The facilities are, by virtue of the fact that it is 'closed' site and an active RAF Station very basic (basic toilets etc). The track is on a unused part of the site and was built by my colleagues in our association. It is actually certified as a Nat B sprint track in the configuration we use it for. The drift area uses some 'spectacle' pans outside the actual sprint track.

The closest facilities are Grantham, there is a shop in Ancaster and a petrol station close by. I haven't done a Javelin day but he may bring a burger van or something?

It is located about 3-4 miles from ancaster.

Its a good track - enjoy

[Edited on 17/4/08 by bjw970s]

As someone else once said 'LOCOST my Ar**

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
f750sgr

posted on 17/4/08 at 08:35 PM Reply With Quote
Have a look on google earth. It gives you a basic idea of the tarmac area available.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
brynhamlet

posted on 17/4/08 at 08:38 PM Reply With Quote
bjw970s

I know it's probably a national secret, but is it actually signposted from the A1.
Can you tell me anything about the twisty circuit as that is the bit I am interested in

PAUL FISHER

posted on 17/4/08 at 09:24 PM Reply With Quote
Ive not actually done a track day there,but I know other guys on here have,so Ive just done a search,its not a track day as we know it,its just a sprint track,read the link below,so if its a proper track day your after,you may be better booking on the Bruntingthorpe track day on the 26th of April,with a few other MK owners booked on

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=46630

bjw970s

posted on 17/4/08 at 10:19 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by brynhamlet
bjw970s

I know it's probably a national secret, but is it actually signposted from the A1.

I know it is - thats why I didn't put any effort into describing its location.....

What bit are you interested in? the track is behind the fence which can be seen in the google pic. It is actually an old bloodhound missile site from the 80's hence the small table tennis shaped bat bits.

As has been said by another poster, it is a sprint track but I tested my LOCOBLADE there last weekend at our sprint after its re-build and it was an ideal work-out before its first race. So, if you want all out high speed, its no use but if you want a challenging work out over a reasonable distance its good.

We built it to bring novices into motorsport and it appears to be working....

Brian

bjw970s

posted on 17/4/08 at 10:30 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by PAUL FISHER
Ive not actually done a track day there,but I know other guys on here have,so Ive just done a search,its not a track day as we know it,its just a sprint track,read the link below,so if its a proper track day your after,you may be better booking on the Bruntingthorpe track day on the 26th of April,with a few other MK owners booked on

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=46630

to elaborate further, having read the other thread.

It is not a dangerous track. It is a venue that has been assessed for sprinting by the MSA and is ideal for beginners. I have sprinted there for 4 years. We run Jedi's and fully modded 300 bhp Westfields there. The venue does not support multiple cars on track at the same time which, makes your first outing in a new car easier.

Having run Cadwell a few times and raced there its not dangerous either - just challenging!

bjw970s

posted on 17/4/08 at 10:39 PM Reply With Quote
This pic shows the track against some corner names we were toying with.

Barkston Track Pics

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.