Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: AutoCad 2009
D Beddows

posted on 24/4/08 at 01:22 PM Reply With Quote
AutoCad 2009

We've just been upgraded to this at work and having had a bit of a play (and once you've got it to look like AutoCad should!) it's actually much better at 3D than it has been before - ok you're certainly not going to be 'upgrading' from Solidworks and it doesn't do anything especially new but if you're used to drawing in AutoCad 3D everything just seems to work properly now (unlike in 2007 and 8) - well worth 'acquiring' a copy if you haven't already
mike smith1

posted on 24/4/08 at 01:40 PM Reply With Quote
Sounds good, we have been looking at upgrading at work to 09, currently on 07 we missed out on 08 for some reason, the numpty didnt take out the upgrade package!!

Glad they've got the 3D a little better!

Mike

balidey

posted on 24/4/08 at 01:54 PM Reply With Quote
I'm playing with my new install of Solidworks 2008. Ooh, its so pretty
twybrow

posted on 24/4/08 at 05:23 PM Reply With Quote
Real engineers use PRoE! Autocad just draws pretty pictures doesn't it - a bit like MS paint?

D Beddows

posted on 24/4/08 at 08:20 PM Reply With Quote
Try drawing and detailing a new heath centre in ProE yes, of course you could but it's rubbish at it ...... much easier and quicker with AutoCad - and you get pretty pictures too!
Big Daz

posted on 24/4/08 at 08:46 PM Reply With Quote
Ooo a topic I know something about.
AutoCAD is fine for 2D stuff but Inventor is way better for 3D, I belive 2009 is 64bit compatable too - should speed things up nicely.
Just wish they would stop changing the icons etc.
Also Autodesk need to do what they say re licence files & serial nos.
I ordered another 10 network versions last week & what do I get today - 10 seperate discs each with a seperate serial number!! My licence file is going to be HUGE
Rant over.... for today anyway

D Beddows

posted on 24/4/08 at 09:08 PM Reply With Quote
I'm always very disappointed with Inventor - if it was the AutoCad interface with useful extra 3D features like extrude to face, smart dimensions, a decent drawing plane system etc etc it would be realy handy for people who know AutoCad inside out - but it's nothing like AutoCad so you may as well learn to use Solidworks or ProE which are actually better programs

Actualy re licences - I'm having a nightmare trying to register my perfectly legal copy of 2009 because no one, including Autodesk, seems sure what the license number is of the version I'm apparently upgrading from, it's not the one on my computer but until I find the right number I can't activate it - this has been going on for days now, I could have 'cracked' the d*mn thing and had a fully working copy in 5 minutes!!!

[Edited on 25/4/08 by D Beddows]

Guinness

posted on 25/4/08 at 06:41 AM Reply With Quote
I'm using AutoCAD 2006 LT on my laptop and my interior designer uses 2007 LT. Anyone know where to get a legit, but cheap version of either for my home computer?

Cheers

Mike

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.