Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: post SVA Inspection
richard

posted on 20/5/08 at 09:45 PM Reply With Quote
post SVA Inspection

Well 2 and half weeks after sending off all my paperwork to Swansea for Sidcup office I had a call today to say the inspector could come to my house at a time to suit me this evening. He came on time and filled in the same assembly form i filled in and sent in, but the /2 version.I agree this visit seems a complete waste of time as all this could have been done or is the same as what is done at the SVA three weeks ago, all I should have to have done is send in an insurance cert.The inspector has said that i should hear in less than another 2 half weeks about a tax disc and reg numbers.Seems amasing it takes this long to fill in the paperwork.
Just think what we could do in our spare time in 2 and half weeks ?

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
ChrisS

posted on 21/5/08 at 09:18 AM Reply With Quote
Thats crazy.

I booked an appointment at the SVA Local office which i got a week after sva this year in march, trailered the car there. This woman came out and looked at the VIN number, then gave me a Tax Disc and Registration Certificate thing, so i could get number plates made, and the whole thing took about half an hour.

Tell the fella to pull his finger out the, the lazt bast...d.

donut

posted on 21/5/08 at 11:35 AM Reply With Quote
They just need to see that the car is what it says it is on the forms.

Andy

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/andywest1/

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
James

posted on 21/5/08 at 01:25 PM Reply With Quote
I had my inspection about 6 weeks before SVA.

Then drove straight from SVA with MAC in hand to the DVLA office, then home via the number plate shop.

Of the joy of Harsha at Wimbledon DVLA!

Cheers,
James

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.