Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Essex Meet?
mkblade1

posted on 21/5/08 at 07:28 PM Reply With Quote
Essex Meet?

Hi does anyone know of any meets in the South Essex area, I did go to the Turpin on A127 Wednesday night but it is deserted now. If anyone wants to go for a blast, drop me a mail.
gavin174

posted on 21/5/08 at 07:33 PM Reply With Quote
there are a few kit cars that meet at the tulip pub in springfield chelmsford on the last sunday of the month..(this sunday)
mostly robin hoods at the moment but a few others drop in now and then..
i have just started a locost and would be interested in grabbing any knowledge you have..

Blue Fox

posted on 21/5/08 at 07:54 PM Reply With Quote
Give me a couple of years and I'll go for a drive out with you, am only a few mins down road but as I still at chassis building stage (although almost complete) don't think it will be next week. If you do find anywhere then let me know and I'll come along - always good to gain a bit of knowledge. and I enjoy looking round the cars!!
gavin174

posted on 21/5/08 at 07:57 PM Reply With Quote
you dont have to have a car on the road to come up..

we have quite a few people pop over just for a chat or to gain inspiration if they come to a sticky stage...

GeorgeM

posted on 21/5/08 at 08:29 PM Reply With Quote
Hi,

there's a meet 3rd Thursday of month
at The Lodge, between Battlesbridge
and South Woodham Ferrers. It's a
Scooby meet, (wife has one!) but when
weather is ok there are usually others
and kits there. 6.30-7.00 on.

GeorgeM

russbost

posted on 21/5/08 at 10:09 PM Reply With Quote
The old "Yank Nite" at the Dick Turpin has gone, they now meet (I believe) at the B52 club at S'end airport, every Weds I think.

As George says above the Pistonheads/Scooby club meet at The Lodge towards Sth Woodham Ferrers is a good one usually some interesting stuff there & frequently something unusual may turn up. Time more of us Sth Essexers got together.

I no longer run Furore Products or Furore Cars Ltd, but would still highly recommend them for Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk/ or find more parts on Ebay, user names furoreltd & furoreproducts, discounts available for LCB users.
Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/furoreproducts/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
alfasudsprint

posted on 22/5/08 at 09:59 AM Reply With Quote
I'd be up for a meet, I live in South Woodford so Essex border.
Let me know if anything going on.
Tim

mkblade1

posted on 22/5/08 at 08:08 PM Reply With Quote
Fancy a beer in Essex?

Thanks for all the replies chaps, I will try and get to the meets that have been mention.

Looks like there a few people fairly local, if you fancy meeting for a beer and chat (even if you car is not built or on the road) just drop me a mail. jason@jjcphotography.co.uk

Jason

David Jenkins

posted on 23/5/08 at 09:03 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gavin174
there are a few kit cars that meet at the tulip pub in springfield chelmsford on the last sunday of the month..(this sunday)
mostly robin hoods at the moment but a few others drop in now and then..

Last time I went, it was 50% Hoods, 50% 'others'.

Shame the weather forecast looks so bad - I wouldn't have minded a run down to Chelmsford. If the forecast turns out to be a load of old cobblers and it looks like it may be a dry day then I might turn up there just for a trip out - but no promises...

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.